Any anglophiles here?

Defender

Don't meant anglophile exactly, but having lived in England for most of my 20's, with little money, in a time before cable or satellite or even rentals, i learned to love both English TV and their sense of humour. Im talking shows like Month Python's Flying Circus, Dave Allen, Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill, Dads Army, Are You Being Served, Yes, Minister, Last Of The Summer Wine, The Goodies, Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'em, The Two Ronnies, The Fall & Rise of Reginald Perrin, It aint half hot, mum, To The Manor Born, Ripping Yarns, etc...I know the list goes on, but that's what I remember in this moment.  Anyone else like this and can add more?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

That Doc Martin is pretty good as well...and it’s time for another Downtown Abbey movie, lol.

I love Monty Python. Never got into much else. The wife loves Downton Abbey and the daughter is a huge Office fan by conduit of the American series. 

Still got 2 pairs of Docs I picked up in London the only time I got to go. I used to be sort of a fanatic about them. What I get for working in a boot store. One is pretty much one of a kind before they became cookie cutter. Kinda looks like a union Jack and rebel flag mixed. Really loved my time there. I spent most of it in Derbyshire doing volunteer work. Ah, college days...so much more free time...

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bud said:

Loved Are You Being Served. 

Still watch Last of the Summer Wine on PBS on the reg.

For some reason The Red Green Show comes to mind because I watched it in the same era of my life, but they were a buncha hosers not Brits. 

Now I love Red Green. 

• Like 1