Glock .45 mags, higher capacity?

Haven’t seen those but aftermarket companies have a pretty poor reputation for quality for Glock mags in general. 

Notable exception being the Shield Arms G43X/48 15 round steel mags. So far...

The Kriss Mag extensions for 30 round capacity in 45 have been available for awhile.

I wouldn’t trust these or any other aftermarket Glock mags. Extensions or base plates, sure, but no full aftermarket mags unless they have earned a reputation and proven themselves reliable.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Steelharp said:

Do the Kriss extensions work well, or are they problematic?

From everything I’ve read, they work well. But aren’t cheap. Haven’t used them though. Arredondo base plates are good quality as well

I can’t see a use for something that big aside from a carbine that takes Glock mags. I’m not real big on pistol caliber carbines in general, but when talking about one, there’s usually a better magazine to base a carbine around than Glock mags.

Edited by nightrunner
  • 5 weeks later...

I’ve got a stack of the Kriss mags. They work well, pretty tough. Have used with 460 Rowland and spring tension kept up with long slide cycle rate which was unexpected. Worn Glock springs won’t in double stack mags.  Sign up for their email. They run sales a few times a year. Posted one in deals not long ago, 5 extension kits 100 bucks. 

On the cheap...  I would look at the ETS mags. The happy stick 9mm mags, G27 and G42 mags I have of theirs are decent. Yes, they make 30 round G21 mags!!

I just looked, botach has them for $12.  hmmm. 

Edited by ohell

On the topic of reliable aftermarket Glock mags...I've been really happy with the Ammend2 mags. Granted all I have are 9mm, but they cycle well, insert easily, and drop out like greased lightning. I bought 2 just to try out, and now have a dozen plus of them.