So, is it close to home yet?

Dennis1209

Of course I keep current with what's going on around the country with this BLM, ANTIFA, etc. The prosecuting attorneys prosecuting people defending themselves and letting criminals go: the liberal and democrat mindset, our country being turned upside down. Well I don't live near one of the bigger cities in Tennessee, I'm not planning on going to a large city, I'm pretty much isolated and exempt from all this madness. Wrong!

Here at the little city of Paris, TN., we had a little protest at the Henry County Courthouse to tear down the statue. If it can happen in small town TN., it can happen in your neighborhood too. These anti-American crazies are not confined to the large cities evidently. I'm wondering just how bad all this is going to get before enough is enough.

I've been guilty of leaving the firearm at home for quick trips into town, because I'm in a hurry or working on something. I'm going to rethink that attitude. You just never know; and today you really don't know.

Anyone had any similar experience with these protester / rioters in your town yet?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

In Paris? Surely these folks were bussed in.

When are they going to reopen the inn at Paris Landing? I love it up there.

You just saved me some words. 

These people are known to travel. It's typically a mix of some local malcontents and the fellow-travelers. 

17 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

In Paris? Surely these folks were bussed in.

When are they going to reopen the inn at Paris Landing? I love it up there.

Last I heard, when they shut it down it was going to be at least a year to upgrade it. I haven't heard any progress report since last fall? Yea, I like it too; a great view and the food is excellent. My neighbor worked there [seldom talk to her], I'll ask if she is going back or knows anything. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Last I heard, when they shut it down it was going to be at least a year to upgrade it. I haven't heard any progress report since last fall? Yea, I like it too; a great view and the food is excellent. My neighbor worked there [seldom talk to her], I'll ask if she is going back or knows anything. 

Is that bar and grill across the highway from the inn still open? I can’t remember the name of it, but the food there was really good.

I really miss the Airpark Inn that burned on Reelfoot Lake.

Sorry to derail your thread.

Edited by gregintenn
1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

Is that bar and grill across the highway from the inn still open? I can’t remember the name of it, but the food there was really good.

Off the top of my head, I can't picture a bar and grill real close to where you're referring to across the highway?

Granted I don’t get out much “socially” as most do (social distancing hasn’t changed anything for me except wearing a mask at the grocery store).

But, living roughly halfway between Manchester and McMinnville out in the country, I haven’t seen any evidence of it personally, I bet I will whenever Bonnaroo got rescheduled to this year or next. Only hear about it on the news. I work in La Vergne, just south of Nashville and haven’t seen anything up there either. I think I saw on the news when the riots first kicked off there was a small spat in Murfreesboro, but nothing since.

As much as I probably should watch the news to stay informed, watching any form of the news now just infuriates me beyond comprehension and makes my blood boil, so I don’t watch. I catch a general idea hearing little snippets here and there.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, nightrunner said:

Granted I don’t get out much “socially” as most do (social distancing hasn’t changed anything for me except wearing a mask at the grocery store).

But, living roughly halfway between Manchester and McMinnville out in the country, I haven’t seen any evidence of it personally, I bet I will whenever Bonnaroo got rescheduled to this year or next. Only hear about it on the news. I work in La Vergne, just south of Nashville and haven’t seen anything up there either. I think I saw on the news when the riots first kicked off there was a small spat in Murfreesboro, but nothing since.

As much as I probably should watch the news to stay informed, watching any form of the news now just infuriates me beyond comprehension and makes my blood boil, so I don’t watch. I catch a general idea hearing little snippets here and there.

I agree, everytime I watch it something ticks me off.

59 minutes ago, nightrunner said:

Ain't much excitement up here in Macon County either.

Nothing happening in Memphis that I know of. At least there's nothing on the local news. There were a few demonstrations a few months ago when all this started, but they remained fairly peaceful. A few arrests, but nothing serious. Some squatters tried to set up camp in front of city hall, but they got run off.  These antifa/BLM nuts haven't tried anything serious in a red state yet. It'll be interesting if they try.  Memphis may be a democratic stronghold, but I kinda doubt they would put up with that stuff. 

I think clarksville had one or two, but didn't hear of any BS kicking off.  Just returned from a road trip to-from Denver, Co., nothing was evident there except one BLM poster on a school fence, near my mom's house.  Drove through downtown,  some of the old 'hoods' we used to hang out at and nothing.  As a matter of fact, it was looking like many were deep into gentrification, lots of modern apartments in the middle of older homes.  I think for the most part, except Washington, Oregon and a few other small pockets, it has mostly gone away.  Maybe Soros funding is drying up, and or the gloves are off with LEO and making the paycheck less desirable. 

• Like 1

I live on the fringe of the liberal East Nashville. I've heard a few pro BLM comments from neighbors, and see many positive comments for BLM on the FB pages for some of my neighbors. Most the standard "police are evil, bullying innocents, etc." but no action.

Lots of BLM signs in lawns as I drive thru. Worst thing in my immediate area was a young man trying doors last week. He spooked several people and many 911 calls went in. Don't know if he was picked up or not.