Jump to content

So, is it close to home yet?


Dennis1209

Recommended Posts

Of course I keep current with what's going on around the country with this BLM, ANTIFA, etc. The prosecuting attorneys prosecuting people defending themselves and letting criminals go: the liberal and democrat mindset, our country being turned upside down. Well I don't live near one of the bigger cities in Tennessee, I'm not planning on going to a large city, I'm pretty much isolated and exempt from all this madness. Wrong!

Here at the little city of Paris, TN., we had a little protest at the Henry County Courthouse to tear down the statue. If it can happen in small town TN., it can happen in your neighborhood too. These anti-American crazies are not confined to the large cities evidently. I'm wondering just how bad all this is going to get before enough is enough.

I've been guilty of leaving the firearm at home for quick trips into town, because I'm in a hurry or working on something. I'm going to rethink that attitude. You just never know; and today you really don't know.

Anyone had any similar experience with these protester / rioters in your town yet?

  • Like 2
Link to post
7 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

In Paris? Surely these folks were bussed in.

When are they going to reopen the inn at Paris Landing? I love it up there.

You just saved me some words. 

These people are known to travel. It's typically a mix of some local malcontents and the fellow-travelers. 

Link to post
17 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

In Paris? Surely these folks were bussed in.

When are they going to reopen the inn at Paris Landing? I love it up there.

Last I heard, when they shut it down it was going to be at least a year to upgrade it. I haven't heard any progress report since last fall? Yea, I like it too; a great view and the food is excellent. My neighbor worked there [seldom talk to her], I'll ask if she is going back or knows anything. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Last I heard, when they shut it down it was going to be at least a year to upgrade it. I haven't heard any progress report since last fall? Yea, I like it too; a great view and the food is excellent. My neighbor worked there [seldom talk to her], I'll ask if she is going back or knows anything. 

Is that bar and grill across the highway from the inn still open? I can’t remember the name of it, but the food there was really good.

I really miss the Airpark Inn that burned on Reelfoot Lake.

Sorry to derail your thread.

Edited by gregintenn
Link to post
1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

Is that bar and grill across the highway from the inn still open? I can’t remember the name of it, but the food there was really good.

Off the top of my head, I can't picture a bar and grill real close to where you're referring to across the highway?

Link to post

Granted I don’t get out much “socially” as most do (social distancing hasn’t changed anything for me except wearing a mask at the grocery store).

But, living roughly halfway between Manchester and McMinnville out in the country, I haven’t seen any evidence of it personally, I bet I will whenever Bonnaroo got rescheduled to this year or next. Only hear about it on the news. I work in La Vergne, just south of Nashville and haven’t seen anything up there either. I think I saw on the news when the riots first kicked off there was a small spat in Murfreesboro, but nothing since.

As much as I probably should watch the news to stay informed, watching any form of the news now just infuriates me beyond comprehension and makes my blood boil, so I don’t watch. I catch a general idea hearing little snippets here and there.

  • Like 2
Link to post
21 minutes ago, nightrunner said:

Granted I don’t get out much “socially” as most do (social distancing hasn’t changed anything for me except wearing a mask at the grocery store).

But, living roughly halfway between Manchester and McMinnville out in the country, I haven’t seen any evidence of it personally, I bet I will whenever Bonnaroo got rescheduled to this year or next. Only hear about it on the news. I work in La Vergne, just south of Nashville and haven’t seen anything up there either. I think I saw on the news when the riots first kicked off there was a small spat in Murfreesboro, but nothing since.

As much as I probably should watch the news to stay informed, watching any form of the news now just infuriates me beyond comprehension and makes my blood boil, so I don’t watch. I catch a general idea hearing little snippets here and there.

 

I agree, everytime I watch it something ticks me off.

Link to post
59 minutes ago, nightrunner said:

Granted I don’t get out much “socially” as most do (social distancing hasn’t changed anything for me except wearing a mask at the grocery store).

But, living roughly halfway between Manchester and McMinnville out in the country, I haven’t seen any evidence of it personally, I bet I will whenever Bonnaroo got rescheduled to this year or next. Only hear about it on the news. I work in La Vergne, just south of Nashville and haven’t seen anything up there either. I think I saw on the news when the riots first kicked off there was a small spat in Murfreesboro, but nothing since.

As much as I probably should watch the news to stay informed, watching any form of the news now just infuriates me beyond comprehension and makes my blood boil, so I don’t watch. I catch a general idea hearing little snippets here and there.

Ain't much excitement up here in Macon County either.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Off the top of my head, I can't picture a bar and grill real close to where you're referring to across the highway?

Blue's Landing. If it hasn't changed and you enjoy Cajun food, it's worth trying.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Nothing happening in Memphis that I know of. At least there's nothing on the local news. There were a few demonstrations a few months ago when all this started, but they remained fairly peaceful. A few arrests, but nothing serious. Some squatters tried to set up camp in front of city hall, but they got run off.  These antifa/BLM nuts haven't tried anything serious in a red state yet. It'll be interesting if they try.  Memphis may be a democratic stronghold, but I kinda doubt they would put up with that stuff. 

Link to post

I think clarksville had one or two, but didn't hear of any BS kicking off.  Just returned from a road trip to-from Denver, Co., nothing was evident there except one BLM poster on a school fence, near my mom's house.  Drove through downtown,  some of the old 'hoods' we used to hang out at and nothing.  As a matter of fact, it was looking like many were deep into gentrification, lots of modern apartments in the middle of older homes.  I think for the most part, except Washington, Oregon and a few other small pockets, it has mostly gone away.  Maybe Soros funding is drying up, and or the gloves are off with LEO and making the paycheck less desirable. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

I live on the fringe of the liberal East Nashville. I've heard a few pro BLM comments from neighbors, and see many positive comments for BLM on the FB pages for some of my neighbors. Most the standard "police are evil, bullying innocents, etc." but no action.

Lots of BLM signs in lawns as I drive thru. Worst thing in my immediate area was a young man trying doors last week. He spooked several people and many 911 calls went in. Don't know if he was picked up or not. 

 

Link to post

It's been pretty quiet here a bit north of Knoxville.  The further north ya get here, the calmer things get.  The " Rustics " don't like BLM or " AnnyFannie"... They best stay home.

leroy

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.