NRL22 Base Class Scope?

TN Song Dog

Asking folks with actual NRL22 type experience, what would be your top choices for a base class scope to go on a $500 rifle?  Here are two I have been looking at online are:

-  Vortex Diamondback 6-24 FFP Mil

-  Athlon Argos Gen2 BTR 6-24x FFP Mil

Both msrp around $500, have glass etched reticles, and have appropriate parallax adjustment minimum for 22lr.  Very similar features overall, but im not familiar with either. I am also not sure about the design of the Athlon tube and knobs/erectors area on this model. Reminds me of primary arms.?

Are there others in this $550 msrp, and under, price range to consider?  Thanks for any input. 

• Like 1

Bushnell just gave me one of the Match Pro models at the NRL22 Nationals:

https://www.bushnell.com/riflescopes/match-pro/match-pro-6-24x50-riflescope/P2178035.html

I've been a big fan of the Athlon Midas TAC for open class.  (I've bought 6 of them.)  The Bushnell is very similar to the Midas TAC, including the Xmas tree recital with a target dot, at a much lower cost.  If you are near Southern Mid TN, You're more then welcome to meet me at the local range (Eagle Eye Range in Mt Pleasant) and try it out.

Edited by billmeek
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, TN Song Dog said:

Asking folks with actual NRL22 type experience, what would be your top choices for a base class scope to go on a $500 rifle?  Here are two I have been looking at online are:

-  Vortex Diamondback 6-24 FFP Mil

-  Athlon Argos Gen2 BTR 6-24x FFP Mil

Both msrp around $500, have glass etched reticles, and have appropriate parallax adjustment minimum for 22lr.  Very similar features overall, but im not familiar with either. I am also not sure about the design of the Athlon tube and knobs/erectors area on this model. Reminds me of primary arms.?

Are there others in this $550 msrp, and under, price range to consider?  Thanks for any input. 

This is something I’ve been researching for a couple weeks. I think I gotta try this at least a couple times. Those 2 are the same ones I’ve gotten wrote down along with a Nikon. 

15 hours ago, billmeek said:

Bushnell just gave me one of the Match Pro models at the NRL22 Nationals:

https://www.bushnell.com/riflescopes/match-pro/match-pro-6-24x50-riflescope/P2178035.html

I've been a big fan of the Athlon Midas TAC for open class.  (I've bought 6 of them.)  The Bushnell is very similar to the Midas TAC, including the Xmas tree recital with a target dot, at a much lower cost.  If you are near Southern Mid TN, You're more then welcome to meet me at the local range (Eagle Eye Range in Mt Pleasant) and try it out.

Thanks for the info. What part in the mid south are you? Wouldn’t mind having a look one day. 

On 9/9/2020 at 9:22 PM, 70Stingray said:

This is something I’ve been researching for a couple weeks. I think I gotta try this at least a couple times. Those 2 are the same ones I’ve gotten wrote down along with a Nikon. 

Thanks for the info. What part in the mid south are you? Wouldn’t mind having a look one day. 

Careful with the Nikon. They discontinued production of all rifle scopes and cannot offer warranty replacements. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I stopped by a local gun store and they just happened to have a Argos in stock. I was impressed with it for the price. Also met a guy there that does nrl22 down in Cavern cove area and found out there’s 4-5 guys working there that’s getting into it. I’m in the middle of Eagle eye, Strategic Edge and Cavern cove, so I can have some fun at least 3 out of 4 weekends.