Buds Guns Sevierville

Didn't really know where I should put this, so just stuck it here.

Went in Buds Tues, on the way to Pigeon Forge. Lot of empty space. Seems to have several guns, but gear was sorely lacking. Lots of Kiosk like displays, but sparsely stocked. Not what I last saw last year. Sign of the times, I guess.

Interesting, a friend has been wanting me to join her on a trip down to Buds to buy a new 9mm. I told her there was a shortage of guns and ammo and it might not be a good time and she need to check on inventory before we drive down.

On 9/10/2020 at 9:44 PM, Jeb48 said:

Interesting, a friend has been wanting me to join her on a trip down to Buds to buy a new 9mm. I told her there was a shortage of guns and ammo and it might not be a good time and she need to check on inventory before we drive down.

They had guns, I didn't look that close, because I wasn't looking for one. I'd give them a call before I traveled very far.

On 9/10/2020 at 9:41 PM, Grunt67 said:

Didn't really know where I should put this, so just stuck it here.

Went in Buds Tues, on the way to Pigeon Forge. Lot of empty space. Seems to have several guns, but gear was sorely lacking. Lots of Kiosk like displays, but sparsely stocked. Not what I last saw last year. Sign of the times, I guess.

I have noticed in more gun stores the accessories are slim, I thought it was by design; trying to stock higher demand items and reduce stale inventory.

With 5,000,000 new non-private gun sales, you got to figure all the stuff folks bought.

Plus the rank and file with money in their pocket, in lieu of guns and ammo, they're likely buying parts and pieces to upgrade / personalize their current firearms.

I'm to the point there is nothing much more I need or want to buy other than replenishing ammo.

Good to go on mags, holsters, storage bags, etc. It happens after 30 years of firearm ownership and the the last ten focusing on guns and gear that works for me.

• Like 1
On 9/10/2020 at 10:44 PM, Jeb48 said:

Probably not the best time to be buying a 9mm. They can’t keep the ammunition on the shelves. Right now a .40S&W might be a better choice. While not an abundant amount, I’m seeing more of that, than 9mm. 

I’ve never been impressed with Bud’s accessory inventory in Sevierville. They do have a fine selection of firearms though! 

9 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

I was perusing on ammoseek. The top 20 calibers searched are listed.

#1=9mm at 29.99%

#2 =.223 at 11.55%

#8=.40s&w at 2.80%

Interesting. I've seen more 40 S&W on the shelves than most other opoular calibers.  I would have thought it was .380ACP.

8 hours ago, Moped said:

Interesting. I've seen more 40 S&W on the shelves than most other opoular calibers.  I would have thought it was .380ACP.

That's a shame, I hate shooting my (one and only)

The .380 consumers have to be all these new owners of self defense marketed pistols and buying multiple boxes to never be shot.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JustEd said:

Is it a sign of the times...hope not?  That would be a horrible future to look forward to.

It’s a sign of the current state of the market. Huge demand low supply. Manufacturers learned in 2012 they don’t have Toni crease capacity as the demand will level off eventually. Prior to Covid and election year the firearms and ammunition market was pretty soft. 

btw, and not related to Buds.  Just talked to a manufacture of bullets for reloading.  They keep changing their website saying how long the delay will be.  It is now up to 8-12 weeks.  They already charged my cc and not wanting to pay on something I con't have, phoned and cancelled the order.  It was the most rude call with a manufacturer I have ever had.  The guy just WANTED to argue.  Said I called him a liar and he spoke of peoples mothers.  Uncouth!

Its someplace in the Bayou country.

Wow, can you imagine calling Sig for service and getting that kinda of talk.  Whew possibly I will go back to photography 🙂

Edited by JustEd
On 10/20/2020 at 1:00 PM, JustEd said:

It was the most rude call with a manufacturer I have ever had.  The guy just WANTED to argue.  Said I called him a liar and he spoke of peoples mothers.  Uncouth!.

Wow, can you imagine calling Sig for service and getting that kinda of talk.  Whew possibly I will go back to photography 🙂

I hope that’s sarcastic. That’s exactly what I’d expect from sig and why I sold all of them. I’m not the only one. Throw back link to sig customer service song 

So buds is like gunvana?  Kiosk and someone comes out with a box? 

Edited by ohell
  • 1 month later...