How Quickly Things Have Changed (September 11, 2001)

TGO David

• Administrator

C2pkfvcXgAEA46u.jpg_large-1200x800.jpeg
Antifa protesters burn the American flag in Portland, Oregon (2020)

Immediately following the attacks on the World Trade Center, Pentagon and Flight 93 back in 2001, you couldn't buy a United States flag in the Nashville area. The same story played out across the country.

Store shelves were wiped clean of them as the people united together as one nation and proudly displayed the Red, White and Blue everywhere. Flags flew from homes, businesses, construction sites, fire trucks.  Remember when a fire department could put the flag or a flag sticker on their trucks and not be crucified for it by anti-American activists or gutless politicians?

You couldn't drive a mile without seeing flags that clipped onto your car's roll-up windows and slid onto your car's radio antennas. Ingenious folks rigged up ways to hoist our country's colors from flag poles secured in pickup truck beds and from trailer hitch receivers. Many of those things found second-life and now get sold to fly college and pro ball team flags at tailgating parties. 

19 years ago you couldn't find an American flag to burn. And if you did, you would have needed to go into hiding for your own safety because a multi-cultural, multiracial crowd of people who loved this country would have kicked your ass for it.  It didn't matter what color your skin was back then. Briefly, gloriously, we were just Americans.

The fact that we have forgotten so much, become so divided, and that a whole generation of lost kids has been taught to actively hate our country since 9/11/01 causes me immeasurable pause. I realize that our society has the attention span of a toddler, but it saddens me that we have fallen so far, so fast. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to mention the 9/11 attack..

I have my own 9/11 that I spend this morning remembering each year.  My 22-month old daughter passed away this day in 2002.

I get around to talking about the other 9/11 after I've focused on remembering her for a while.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 6
44 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I have my own 9/11 that I spend this morning remembering each year.  My 22-month old daughter passed away this day in 2002.

I get around to talking about the other 9/11 after I've focused on remembering her for a while.

So sorry to hear about this. Praying for you and yours.

1 hour ago, TGO David said:

That's really sad... prayers to you and your family. 

1 hour ago, xsubsailor said:

Never-forget.png

It is not just what people see in a picture like this one. It is what we are seeing everyday in the news about buildings being burned down and people being killed by money, and power. People with money are determined to destroy this country. The rich people are flying trouble makers all over the country to instigate violence in cities across America. I have heard law enforcement say they know who these people are that are being flown around yet they have not arrested any of them. Why you say? Because they are being protected by judges who have also been bought by the rich guys and law enforcement can't get warrants as long as they are destroying towns controlled by Democrats. I am hoping that the rein of the Democratic Party is put to a stop in November so our nation can begin to fix itself once again......JMHO

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Yes prayers said for all that lost loved ones or friends on 9/11. David sorry for your loss. This is actually a happy day in our family, our only son married his bride on 9-11-99.

Let us all pray for this great country that God has so richly blessed. This country was founded on Christian principles and somehow as a country we have lost our way. Man has messed this country up so much, only God can heal it.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 3