Oops! I Did It Again! PPK/s

Moped

I might have made a huge mistake, boys. Could lead to a divorce. I stopped in my LGS (Crossroads Guns, in Fountain City), for some HV .22LR for my Stoeger Luger. I walked out with the .22 rounds and after putting a Walther PPK/s in lay-a-way.  It’s a beaut, a Interarms Stainless steel pistol,  with both mags, box, manuals cleaning rod... all for 5 bills plus tax and BCG. Lay-a-way for 12 months!

Oh Lord, what have I done???  😆😆😆

Looks like this!

g2hW2IS.jpg?8

Edited by Moped
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Moderators
50 minutes ago, Moped said:

I might have made a huge mistake, boys. Could lead to a divorce. I stopped in my LGS (Crossroads Guns, in Fountain City), for some HV .22LR for my Stoeger Luger. I walked out with the .22 rounds and after putting a Walther PPK/s in lay-a-way.  It’s a beaut, a Interarms Stainless steel pistol,  with both mags, box, manuals cleaning rod... all for 5 bills plus tax and BCG. Lay-a-way for 12 months!

Looks like this!

g2hW2IS.jpg?8

Oops!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Choatecav said:

I own over 60 guns but have never owned a PPK or a Walther of any type.  You may have inspired me to grab one. 

Me either! I had intended on getting another 1911a1, but this pistol was in excellent shape and at a great price, I just could not pass it up. And it’s an iconic piece to boot! This was part of a 40 gun collection, they bought from an individual. They originally had two PPK/s and they sold the other one earlier in the week.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, A.J. Holst said:

12 month layaway?

How you could afford not to buy it?

"Honey, you will never believe what this didn't cost me!"

Congratulations on your newest addition.

They are having to compete with Harvey’s, so I’m not surprised that they went to a Long Lay-a-way plan.  

And I can honestly say Crossroad Guns is one of the best LGS in Knoxville. They have always been been super friendly and helpful. Even loaned me a bore sight system once. They stock lots of holsters too. May have the biggest selection in Knoxville. And they have a great selection of firearms! It’s nice having a LGS like them, just down the road!

On 9/14/2020 at 8:37 AM, VolunteerJeff106 said:

Just wanna say...there's plenty of couches available on this forum just in case. And you could always bring your dog too.

If you are going to at one time or another be IN the doghouse, just make sure it has heat and A/C. Mine does but it doubles as a place to reload. LOL

• Haha 1

I congratulate you, at five bones & the governor, for an Interarms, that's a good deal. I have had several, but am down to a '74 vintage Model PP in .22LR, in the older style, smaller plastic box.

I have had and shot many, including cutting my teeth on Pop's WWII bring back 7.65 PPK (gone, as we were stationed overseas, in West Germany no less, when they passed the 68 GCA and convinced pop that it was trapped over there forever). When I worked in a gun shop in Connecticut, back in the mid 80's, I remember getting one of the first American made Walther PPK in Stainless, and it would feed Winchester Silvertips.  Amazing to think that just back then, that was state of the art! I've had blue and stainless PPK/s and even a PP Sport for a few years, but one thing I remember, if you have meaty hands, watch those rear slide edges, they will slice you up. Being a blowback, and that small (imagine an early Duralum framed one!), they kick more sharply then say a Ruger LCP or a S&W Bodyguard or other locked breech .380.

I'd like to find a deal on a blue PPK in .380, I'd grab it again just because.

Enjoy yours!

Edited by OMCHamlin
On 9/19/2020 at 9:23 PM, OMCHamlin said:

I'd like to find a deal on a blue PPK in .380, I'd grab it again just because.

Enjoy yours!

Harvey’s Gun &Pawn has a blue Interarms on auction on Facebook, right now. It’s at $545 with 15 hours to go at that price.  Comes with two mags. It’s been handled and as some light scratches, but it’s still in very good condition. 

14 minutes ago, CrosbyStills said:

I like the old Walther's also. I have a West German made (Inter-Arms imported) PPK/S in blued with some scratches. Clearly marked W.Germany. I could be convinced to part with it. DM me if interested.

I'm tapped out till I get this one out of lay-a-way.  Thanks though!

• 2 years later...
On 9/12/2020 at 12:13 PM, Moped said:

$5 bones for an old school Interarms PPK/s? With everything it came with? You've done well, that's what you've done...

Thank you all!  She's beautiful pistol, but a rather snappy shooting little thing and not a lot of fun over an extended range session. I've found every .380 that I've have every owned to be that way, but my Ruger LCP Max. She is deadly accurate though. The test fire target is in the box too and it's not a lie. So far she's ate everything I've fed, but that's mostly FMJ and some 80 Gr Legend Copper HPs.  

I do waffle back and forth about selling her, when I get the fever for a S&W revolver.  And right now, I have the fever. But I am resisting mightily. I think there are going to be a couple of other pistols that might end up getting sold or traded, instead.

• Like 2