Ammo at Rural King Claksville

I’m sure like in the past Ammo will appear at thanksgiving time when gun sales rise.

its really sad how high Ammo has got. 

I guess the Dems killed two birds with one stone, broke the country and took all ammunition off the shelves  ! 

Bats and golf clubs will disappear off the shelves next.

Mike

13 hours ago, myg30 said:

I’m sure like in the past Ammo will appear at thanksgiving time when gun sales rise.

If Biden gets elected, I doubt there will be a box of ammo anywhere at Thanksgiving, probably not many guns either. Not that he will be able to do anything with ammo, but there will be plenty of overreaction.

47 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

If Biden gets elected, I doubt there will be a box of ammo anywhere at Thanksgiving, probably not many guns either. Not that he will be able to do anything with ammo, but there will be plenty of overreaction.

I’m guessing this too. We may be in the midst of the great gun panic of all time. 2 boxes of 50 rounds each of Aguila HV .22lr, cost me $18 yesterday. Standard velocity is $6+ a box of 50. Crossroad Guns had quite a bit of it too. I’m starting to shotgun ammunition becoming scarce, too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Moped said:

I’m guessing this too. We may be in the midst of the great gun panic of all time. 2 boxes of 50 rounds each of Aguila HV .22lr, cost me $18 yesterday. Standard velocity is $6+ a box of 50. Crossroad Guns had quite a bit of it too. I’m starting to shotgun ammunition becoming scarce, too.

I couldn’t find any .45 Colt range ammo. Saw a couple of boxes of $2.00 a round SD ammo. I doubt many people are stocking up on .45 Colt for SD, so I assume the ammo MFG’s are cranking out more common SD and range rounds.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
17 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

I've said many times before: The biggest message we send buying in quantity at these prices/ times is one to the manufactures and retailers, "Yes, we will actually pay that much for ammo!"

Eh.  Cost of components is going up across the board for manufacturers thanks in part to the EPA regulations and import restrictions put in place by the Obama Administration.  We are just now seeing the effects of them because most of Trump's term in office was an enormous slump for the sale of guns and ammo.  2020 has revitalized the industry and then some.  Warehouses that were full to bursting with ammo in December 2019 are rapidly emptying.

The retail cost of ammo will stabilize, perhaps, after December but it would be unreasonable and unrealistic to expect the prices to go back to what they were.  Ammo companies will have to pass the increase of raw materials costs on to us as consumers.

• Like 1

I don't know that they will stabilize then. If Biden wins and follows through with his threat to make Beto the Gun Czar, prices are going to continue to rise. 

I feel we teetered over a precipice and there is no pulling back, that more gun control is coming and may be worse than the 68 gun control legislation. I do not see the Republicans stopping the coming Blue Wave. I'm very pessimistic that the Republicans can hold on to the Senate at this point.

I feel the first order of business for the Democrats is to end the COVID nonsense. Followed very shortly by gun control legislation, to include a national registry, assault weapons ban, banning of hi-cap mags and a magazine round cap of 10 and so forth. I believe they will follow the Virginia plan to the tee, with exception that they will not back down one iota and they will ram it through quickly. 

In short, we are about to see all kinds of turmoil in the industry.

23 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Ammo companies will have to pass the increase of raw materials costs on to us as consumers.

I agree with this whole heartedly. However, I don't believe that we've been lucky enough to have manufactures and retailers selling at a loss for a few years, hoping to make it up when the next panic happens.

Instead of a price increase that looks pretty even/ consistent, maybe going up a bit faster at times as other industries also increase demand, we see pretty big increases at times like this which are followed by reductions after the panic passes. If this kind of increase was being made simply to pass on the expected increases in the cost of doing business, the manufacturers would have been operating at a loss during "normal" times.

I'm not saying that, if only we stopped buying, the cost of ammo would never go up. What I am saying is that we're providing real, market-based evidence to manufacturers and retailers that we'll pay a higher price than had been perviously reflected in the marketplace.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, TomInMN said:

I'm not saying that, if only we stopped buying, the cost of ammo would never go up. What I am saying is that we're providing real, market-based evidence to manufacturers and retailers that we'll pay a higher price than had been perviously reflected in the marketplace.

I think we are primarily sending that message to a few retailers.  From what I have seen, the good retailers (like some of our own vendors here on TGO) are keeping the prices sane while limiting quantities to try and provide ammo to the most people possible while keeping the hoarders and profiteering "ammo flippers" away.

I forgot to tell my story of a recent visit to a local big-box store to find ammo.  It was insightful.  I'll start another thread about that.

5 hours ago, TGO David said:

The retail cost of ammo will stabilize, perhaps, after December but it would be unreasonable and unrealistic to expect the prices to go back to what they were.  Ammo companies will have to pass the increase of raw materials costs on to us as consumers.

My prediction: If Biden is elected, no one will ever see ammo prices lower than they are today.  

• Like 1