How Concerned Are You About Mass Civil Unrest Post-Election 2020?

12 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I heard from my wife yesterday that Biden plans to tax the crap out of gun-owners. I guess that's much easier than legislation with a conservative SC. We know that Chief Roberts is all about taxes.

Know any details about that?  I'm guessing you mean gun buyers rather than gun owners though, as it would be hard to figure out who owns guns.

Anther interesting thing that I heard on FOX this morning came from Alveda King (MLK's niece) in Georgia. She said that she witnessed a poll-worker telling people that they didn't have to sign their voter card. Of course, not signing the paper invalidates your vote. She didn't say whether it was being said to all voters, or just one party.

• Wow 1
  • Angry 1
What Biden’s gun plan says

Under Biden’s gun policy, Americans who own assault weapons or high-capacity magazines would have two options: sell them to the federal government through a voluntary buyback program or register them under the National Firearms Act.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 2
6 hours ago, cajunpredfan said:
What Biden’s gun plan says

Under Biden’s gun policy, Americans who own assault weapons or high-capacity magazines would have two options: sell them to the federal government through a voluntary buyback program or register them under the National Firearms Act.

Lost em all... Sorry! 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I heard from my wife yesterday that Biden plans to tax the crap out of gun-owners. I guess that's much easier than legislation with a conservative SC. We know that Chief Roberts is all about taxes.

As we have seen, states can do pretty much anything they want. But if the fed tries it; it will go the SCOTUS. Now how long that takes, or if they decide to hear the cases are anybody’s guess.

12 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

As we have seen, states can do pretty much anything they want. But if the fed tries it; it will go the SCOTUS. Now how long that takes, or if they decide to hear the cases are anybody’s guess.

That might work fo us until they get thru packing the court.

17 minutes ago, Defender said:

That might work fo us until they get thru packing the court.

Possibly. A couple of things that might stop that. Without Republicans defecting in the Senate, they can’t do it. Also, the remarks RBG made prior to her death against it may carry weight with some Democrats.

Most Americans, including Democrats, don’t want their guns taken away and it might be political suicide for those that support it. But sure, it might happen.

I think its more of making claims they know they can’t get done; just to be able to throw their hands up and say “we tried”. I suspect Biden (if God forbid) he gets elected may try to protect the Democrats by trying it though Executive order. I don’t think that will fly. But then, I would have never thought That Biden/Harris could be this close to a win in America. So my assumptions could clearly be flawed.

• Like 2

I just got my November Guns America Digest. In it there's an article that says over 17 million guns have been bought so far this year. A new record. It also goes on to say that 7 million were sold to first time buyers. I think a lot of democrats have changed their minds about gun control and this will work in our favor. 

Story Here

• Like 1

I don’t know how many guns have been sold, but the FBI says over 32 million firearm background checks have been done, as of Oct 31. Which really isn’t that much of an increase over the last 5 years. Of course, if I remember correctly they have said before some states run checks on permit holders every year, which jacks that number up.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

I know I’ve been checking all the gun sites and there just isn’t much of anything available. I wonder how impacted production has been by Covid. Businesses don’t like to say much about that. I know I saw a story that part of Smith & Wesson was shut down for awhile in March.

1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I just got my November Guns America Digest. In it there's an article that says over 17 million guns have been bought so far this year. A new record. It also goes on to say that 7 million were sold to first time buyers. I think a lot of democrats have changed their minds about gun control and this will work in our favor. 

Story Here

Yep!

It's time to accept fellow Americans with good faith and work together towards goals versus treating our own people as enemies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

Yep!

It's time to accept fellow Americans with good faith and work together towards goals versus treating our own people as enemies.

I am not believing that all those gun owners are not my enemies.  There are quite a few lefties that are increasingly becoming violent, and feel anyone that does not agree with them are their enemies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
17 hours ago, Omega said:

I am not believing that all those gun owners are not my enemies.  There are quite a few lefties that are increasingly becoming violent, and feel anyone that does not agree with them are their enemies.

I'm just hoping they bought something in a caliber I can use 🙂 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2