Jump to content

How Concerned Are You About Mass Civil Unrest Post-Election 2020?


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I heard from my wife yesterday that Biden plans to tax the crap out of gun-owners. I guess that's much easier than legislation with a conservative SC. We know that Chief Roberts is all about taxes.

Know any details about that?  I'm guessing you mean gun buyers rather than gun owners though, as it would be hard to figure out who owns guns.

Link to post
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was a trait I hadn’t really noticed until I married.😁 Luckily, my wife is gracious enough to point it out on a regular basis.

We are as prepared as we can be and have been in this mode since the late 90's. I expect it will get even worse than it is now. We live out in the country with like minded neighbors so there is that.

I’ve been talking about this with family friends and coworkers more lately in hopes they will better prepare. If Biden somehow wins I see it being a bit more of a slow burn on the fuse, maybe 2 years

3 minutes ago, Defender said:

Know any details about that?  I'm guessing you mean gun buyers rather than gun owners though, as it would be hard to figure out who owns guns.

No, she only heard it on FOX saying that he had a plan to tax gun owners.

Link to post

Anther interesting thing that I heard on FOX this morning came from Alveda King (MLK's niece) in Georgia. She said that she witnessed a poll-worker telling people that they didn't have to sign their voter card. Of course, not signing the paper invalidates your vote. She didn't say whether it was being said to all voters, or just one party.

  • Wow 1
  • Angry 1
Link to post
What Biden’s gun plan says

Under Biden’s gun policy, Americans who own assault weapons or high-capacity magazines would have two options: sell them to the federal government through a voluntary buyback program or register them under the National Firearms Act.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 2
Link to post
6 hours ago, cajunpredfan said:
What Biden’s gun plan says

Under Biden’s gun policy, Americans who own assault weapons or high-capacity magazines would have two options: sell them to the federal government through a voluntary buyback program or register them under the National Firearms Act.

Lost em all... Sorry! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
16 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I heard from my wife yesterday that Biden plans to tax the crap out of gun-owners. I guess that's much easier than legislation with a conservative SC. We know that Chief Roberts is all about taxes.

As we have seen, states can do pretty much anything they want. But if the fed tries it; it will go the SCOTUS. Now how long that takes, or if they decide to hear the cases are anybody’s guess.

Link to post
12 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

As we have seen, states can do pretty much anything they want. But if the fed tries it; it will go the SCOTUS. Now how long that takes, or if they decide to hear the cases are anybody’s guess.

That might work fo us until they get thru packing the court.

Link to post
17 minutes ago, Defender said:

That might work fo us until they get thru packing the court.

Possibly. A couple of things that might stop that. Without Republicans defecting in the Senate, they can’t do it. Also, the remarks RBG made prior to her death against it may carry weight with some Democrats.

Most Americans, including Democrats, don’t want their guns taken away and it might be political suicide for those that support it. But sure, it might happen.

I think its more of making claims they know they can’t get done; just to be able to throw their hands up and say “we tried”. I suspect Biden (if God forbid) he gets elected may try to protect the Democrats by trying it though Executive order. I don’t think that will fly. But then, I would have never thought That Biden/Harris could be this close to a win in America. So my assumptions could clearly be flawed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I would have never thought That Biden/Harris could be this close to a win in America. 

Yeah, I'm kind of stunned too, but the legal battles and things like the sharpies give me some hope for America.

Link to post

I just got my November Guns America Digest. In it there's an article that says over 17 million guns have been bought so far this year. A new record. It also goes on to say that 7 million were sold to first time buyers. I think a lot of democrats have changed their minds about gun control and this will work in our favor. 

Story Here

  • Like 1
Link to post

I don’t know how many guns have been sold, but the FBI says over 32 million firearm background checks have been done, as of Oct 31. Which really isn’t that much of an increase over the last 5 years. Of course, if I remember correctly they have said before some states run checks on permit holders every year, which jacks that number up.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

I know I’ve been checking all the gun sites and there just isn’t much of anything available. I wonder how impacted production has been by Covid. Businesses don’t like to say much about that. I know I saw a story that part of Smith & Wesson was shut down for awhile in March.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I just got my November Guns America Digest. In it there's an article that says over 17 million guns have been bought so far this year. A new record. It also goes on to say that 7 million were sold to first time buyers. I think a lot of democrats have changed their minds about gun control and this will work in our favor. 

Story Here

Yep!

It's time to accept fellow Americans with good faith and work together towards goals versus treating our own people as enemies.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
4 hours ago, Swamp ash said:

Yep!

It's time to accept fellow Americans with good faith and work together towards goals versus treating our own people as enemies.

I am not believing that all those gun owners are not my enemies.  There are quite a few lefties that are increasingly becoming violent, and feel anyone that does not agree with them are their enemies.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
17 hours ago, Omega said:

I am not believing that all those gun owners are not my enemies.  There are quite a few lefties that are increasingly becoming violent, and feel anyone that does not agree with them are their enemies.

I'm just hoping they bought something in a caliber I can use 🙂 🙂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
52 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I'm just hoping they bought something in a caliber I can use 🙂 🙂

I will bet a dollar 223/556 is what was bought up first.

  • Like 2
Link to post
41 minutes ago, RED333 said:

I will bet a dollar 223/556 is what was bought up first.

I don't know what was bought up first, but on Ammo Seek the top ammo sought after was 9mm. .223/5.56 was 2nd and 3rd.

  • Like 4
Link to post
13 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

I don't know what was bought up first, but on Ammo Seek the top ammo sought after was 9mm. .223/5.56 was 2nd and 3rd.

Thanks for the info

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.