What " In the ear " noise reducing gizmos doya like..?

leroy

I've used these for a long time. Never had a problem with them and they get used a lot. 

Not sure if they are noise-canceling by definition.

They do have stereo sound so you can tell which direction sound is coming from.

They are also pretty popular so you may already have them or know someone that does. 

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Tactical-Electronic-Protection-shooters/dp/B0018DEZ54/ref=sr_1_27?dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqfz6BRD8ARIsAIXQCf1VO0ET-_l0GD4cV1doYBTA5LSKRnjqKfLluW0B3Nkh7lR65F386LkaAvIoEALw_wcB&hvadid=346372055201&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9013409&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=7544932379771080812&hvtargid=kwd-834307955&hydadcr=24660_10400765&keywords=peltor+earmuffs&qid=1600095149&sr=8-27&tag=googhydr-20

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 10:43 AM, deerslayer said:

I use these, sometimes combined with electronic muffs.  I've been really happy with them.  I got the blue tooth ones because a friend has some and said his batteries last longer than the non-blue tooth ones.  I found them on sale at Midway for $130 or so.

https://www.walkersgameear.com/silencer-bluetooth-rechargeable-in-the-ear-pair/

How are you liking those? Are you experiencing any issues with them? I've been eying up the non bluetooth versions for awhile. 

I have over the ear electronic ear pro but sometimes have difficulty getting a good cheek weld on my rifles when using them so im looking for something a little different. 

LC

• Moderators
4 hours ago, billmeek said:

I'm mulling over upgrading from Apple Airpods to the Airpod Pros to try the noise cancellation for shooting. 

Noise cancelling tech helps eliminate noticeable background noise, but it doesn’t protect you from that noise. The AirPods would NOT be suited for the purpose of hearing protection at all. 

• Like 3
On 9/14/2020 at 9:14 AM, leroy said:

Brothers n Sisters...

Been thinkin about upgrading my old earmuffs...  What hearing enhancing, noise cancelling " in the ear " gizmos doya like..?

leroy...

Kinda late to the party, and I'm not sure it qualifies as truly in-ear, but it seems like I can't hear anything since I got married...

• Haha 2
On 9/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, E4 No More said:

That would be a tough one for me. I don't like anything in my ears for very long. I don't really like things over my ears very long either. It's going to suck when I need hearing aids.

I've used several e-muffs for years, and I must say I like them. I have several pair of Peltor that I use for shooting and when I did yard work. They are big enough to fit over my dumbo ears without problems.

I am looking at hearing aids, or will be soon. Got checked a couple weeks ago and sure enough moderate to advanced lose in both ears. Won't be long now.

I'll hold out as long as I can...good excuse when I ignore my wife. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, hipower said:

I've used several e-muffs for years, and I must say I like them. I have several pair of Peltor that I use for shooting and when I did yard work. They are big enough to fit over my dumbo ears without problems.

I am looking at hearing aids, or will be soon. Got checked a couple weeks ago and sure enough moderate to advanced lose in both ears. Won't be long now.

I'll hold out as long as I can...good excuse when I ignore my wife. lol

My wife has claimed for years that I need hearing aids.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, hughd said:

@deerslayer 

Can you use these without a phone or Bluetooth device? Also, still happy with them? 

Yes you can.  There is an app you can get to control the volume and mode, but I never even downloaded it.  I’m still happy them.  Although I can’t make up my mind if the medium or large foam tips fit better.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Yes you can.  There is an app you can get to control the volume and mode, but I never even downloaded it.  I’m still happy them.  Although I can’t make up my mind if the medium or large foam tips fit better.  

Sizing would and will, be a problem for me. I had major ear surgery and eardrum reconstruction when I was 11 or so. Left ear canal is very much larger than normal. Regular foam plugs just barely stay in for me.

I have a young friend who has a set and he's quite happy with them. Don't think it would be quite kosher to ask him to let me test fit them. lol

On 9/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, E4 No More said:

That would be a tough one for me. I don't like anything in my ears for very long. I don't really like things over my ears very long either. It's going to suck when I need hearing aids.

Exactly! I have Bluetooth headphones (for music) because I can’t keep earbuds in long. I went through a serious bout of my eras ringing last night. I guess I’ll be needing hearing aids soon.

I recently bought a set of Low Profile Walker Razor Electronic muffs because my others would get in the way of rifles and shotguns. They seem to work better, but I haven’t had a chance to use them much yet. And when I did, we were mostly shooting handguns.

(Just in case that’s why you were looking at buds Leroy.)

• Like 2
On 9/14/2020 at 9:14 AM, leroy said:

What hearing enhancing, noise cancelling " in the ear " gizmos doya like..?

@leroy What did you decide on? Also, my Walker Razor muffs (with gel pads) become somewhat painful after several hours... So I'm also looking for reasonably priced buds.

Edited by hughd
SP
On 10/31/2020 at 8:55 PM, hughd said:

@leroy What did you decide on? Also, my Walker Razor muffs (with gel pads) become somewhat painful after several hours... So I'm also looking for reasonably priced buds.

I got the Walkers...Got ta thinkin about the " in the ear " thing..  Ear plugs n ear buds tend ta irritate my ears... I'm liking the ear muffs best...

Thanks a bunch for all the help.

leroy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1