Form 4473 Revisions

xsubsailor

I ran into one of these the other day for the first time. I was so used to the old form that I could probably fill it out with my eyes closed but everything has been rearranged and wording changed on the new one so I actually had to read the whole thing.

Before anyone asks, yes the question about marijuana is still on there icon-mrgreen.gif

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/atf-form-4473-firearms-transaction-record-revisions

39 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

Is there something in particular you are bringing to our attention or just the fact that the form is updated?

Just letting folks know that it has changed.  The biggest change that I noticed was the fact that now the seller has to complete section A before the buyer does his thing with it. 

8 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Did you all look at the form?  What do you think about #29?

You mean where they changes "was" to "is"? What about it?

Sorry, I was only looking at the revision. I think that if the carry permit wasn't just a revenue generator in Tennessee, it should apply to us.

Edited by gregintenn
4 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Item 14 Sex: Male/Female/ Non-Binary?

And I've never really understood, what difference does it make if you're Latino or not? 

Link: I really wish #29 applied here. 

What difference does it make what color or gender you are? I'm surprised it doesn't ask your profession and income.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, gregintenn said:

You mean where they changes "was" to "is"? What about it?

Sorry, I was only looking at the revision. I think that if the carry permit wasn't just a revenue generator in Tennessee, it should apply to us.

It doesn't apply to us because the ATF requires that it be updated every five years.  Our HCPs have a number of things that don't allow us that exemption. 

1.  Underage HCP (18-20 year olds)
2.  Lifetime HCP
3.  8 Year renewal

And then of course, whether the state background check for HCP satisfies the requirements of federal background check is in the air.  I don't believe that it currently does but I do not know.   

• Like 2
18 hours ago, gregintenn said:

What difference does it make what color or gender you are? I'm surprised it doesn't ask your profession and income.

Im not sure whether or not they 'should' ask those questions, but i must admit its interesting to see the stats on what the demographics are for HCP holders in the state...