Smith & Wesson 32-1 Terrier

Handsome Rob

NOT motivated to sell this. Don't make silly offers because they WILL be ignored....

1968 .38s&w 5 shot, ultimately concealable revolver. From what I can ascertain this was ther final year of the tiny little 'I' frame, before the 'J' frame became the smallest standard. Exceptional single action trigger, very smooth double action. Light cylinder ring, aluminum grippy expander thing. Really clean leather OWB holster. 100 rnds-ish of mild handloads (mine) + 400-ish 146gn cast bullets & dies. 

Perfect little carry revolver. Really nice condition for a 55 year old backup piece. 

Don't really want to sell, but my business is suffering due to this GD virus thing & i'm offloading everything I can live without. 

$500 hard, concrete, no offers, firm. 

5aMOZ84.jpg

dbbdrgd.jpg

NAA .22 mag for scale.....

xtQ3Itz.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Moped said:

Interesting piece!!! How much smaller than the J-frame, is this? Can you even buy .32 S&W anymore? I think I have a few rounds at home for it. GLWS!

It states .38S&W. I have a breakaway frame .38S&W and have been able to find ammo for it. Usually big box stores like cabela's will have a few boxes but haven't bought it in a few years so I don't know.

13 minutes ago, Moped said:

Interesting piece!!! How much smaller than the J-frame, is this? Can you even buy .32 S&W anymore? I think I have a few rounds at home for it. GLWS!

I'm sorry, i don't have a J frame to compare it to. There's not a massive difference, but it is noticeable in the hand. 

Oh, and BTW, the aluminum grip thing I’d, is a Tyler T-grip. They used to be the cat’s meow for little revolvers like these, before soft rubber grips became the norm. They help you hang onto and control little revolvers better. I had a little Colt Agent that had one. Really made the little revolver much easier to shoot. 

This is really a great little package. I hate you have to sale it. But good luck with your sale!

35 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

It's a .38s&w

I'm not sure where Moped got .32 from....

I think moped was thinking about the model's 30 & 31 which are both 32 caliber. People see 32 and their mind goes to the caliber. Happens often when discussing the S&W 41 model. "41 magnum ?" nooooo, 22 , That's a 57 ... "357 ?" , you know what nevermind lmao. Then I leave them standing there. 🙂

6 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

I think moped was thinking about the model's 30 & 31 which are both 32 caliber. People see 32 and their mind goes to the caliber. Happens often when discussing the S&W 41 model. "41 magnum ?" nooooo, 22 , That's a 57 ... "357 ?" , you know what nevermind lmao. Then I leave them standing there. 🙂

Sorry guys! This is exactly what happened. I had a Senior moment, also known as a brain fart. I find these happening more and more, as I get closer and closer to 60. 😔

• 2 weeks later...

Archived