Colt Python in stock 9/24/2020

Magiccarpetrides

1 hour ago, SonnyCrockett said:

These guns are being price gouged ,ill pass..

they arent going to get any cheaper price gouged or not your gonna look back one day when they are bringing $2500-3000 and go "man $1995 was a good deal" ;-D

If i was into guns as an investment (im not) this would be one i wouldnt care to pay a little more for.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

they arent going to get any cheaper price gouged or not your gonna look back one day when they are bringing $2500-3000 and go "man $1995 was a good deal" ;-D

If i was into guns as an investment (im not) this would be one i wouldnt care to pay a little more for.

Curious if you meant "wouldn't care to pay..."    or maybe "wouldn't care about paying"   ....?

46 minutes ago, QuackerSmacker said:

Curious if you meant "wouldn't care to pay..."    or maybe "wouldn't care about paying"   ....?

correction/clarification ;-D

I would be perfectly happy buying this gun at $1,995.00 for investment purposes as I think it is definitely an appreciating value and will be looked upon as a deal 3-10 years from now at its current market rate.  However me personally I hate guns as an investment as I am into trading stocks and I much prefer moving $100's to tens of thousands in 2 clicks of a mouse as opposed to dealing with tire kickers and background checks and the atf and our wishy washy government anytime I want to turn the asset back into cash.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
  • Like 2

If 2020 Pythons are going for $500 over MSRP why not cough up another $500-$1500 for a an original one?  

I’ll never understand the Colt obsession. Yes, the new ones are nice but those old Royal blue Pythons are beautiful but even brand new they were overpriced....like everything else with the Colt name on it.

• Like 5
21 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

and buying in 2020 puts you at the highest possible priced market place for any firearm,ammo to for that matter.....If that matters 

3 hours ago, SonnyCrockett said:

and buying in 2020 puts you at the highest possible priced market place for any firearm,ammo to for that matter.....If that matters 

you can see from many of my other posts that I do believe buying most ammo and firearms this year is a foolish thing to do however with something thats limited production such as the Python I don't believe your risking buying at the top as there will be no flood of them hitting the market when the panic for everything tactical/impractical subsides.

9 minutes ago, Choatecav said:

I won't comment "yea" or "nay" on this as I paid $600 for my original Python back in the eighties and was sweating "b b's" as to whether I had over paid back then, ha.  Now it is worth many times that, so who knows......

So for you older guys complaining about prices today here’s what $600 in 1980 really means 😁

58D34103-7C0D-412B-85ED-388C2F75CBB0.png

• Like 1