Colt Python in stock 9/24/2020

Magiccarpetrides

8 hours ago, The Legion said:

For those in the Memphis area or coming through the city I was at Guns & Ammo yesterday and they have a 6" Colt Python for sale for $1529.00.

That’s only $30 over MSRP.  Not bad if it’s brand new. Then again G&A always has weird prices. 

The Python is the only Colt that ever interested me.  Maybe now that CZ is taking the reins they’ll start making some blued ones.

• Like 3

I understand looking at this as an investment but I'd rather double the money and get a nice vintage Python that has proven to be an earner. But I don't buy firearms or cars for investment, I buy them to use and enjoy. Not knocking those who buy and never shoot. It's your choice and if it makes you happy then by all means enjoy. for my money an 8 round 4 inch Taurus fits the bill better. (my arthritic hand disagrees with the extra two rounds between reloads but hell, I got plenty advil)

• Like 1

I have always wanted a S W 8 shot 357 magnum with a 5" brl. Had a chance at one at the "The Reloader's Bench" in Mt Juliet, years ago, and balked at the 800.00 price tag. It had a red dot sight mounted on it. Regretted  it ever since I passed it by. Would like to have a vintage Python, but can't justify the money. 

The original Colt Trooper was the gun the Python was based on. Same action and quality with just a regular barrel.  Those are now high dollar collectibles as well. The later Trooper MK III an MK V were completely different guns. I have a MK III. While it is an excellent revolver, it ain't a Python. 

tmBErN8.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

The original Colt Trooper was the gun the Python was based on. Same action and quality with just a regular barrel.  Those are now high dollar collectibles as well. The later Trooper MK III an MK V were completely different guns. I have a MK III. While it is an excellent revolver, it ain't a Python. 

tmBErN8.jpg

Wrong !

Python was built off the Officers Model Match NOT the Trooper. This is a common misconception among many enthusiasts.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, airfoxseven said:

I have shot with several competitive revolver shooters and the trigger on the Python is as good as any of the trigger jobs done on their revolvers. nox player for pc jiofi.local.html

Yes, of all of the features of the Python, that is the one that is a jaw dropper.  When I let my friends shoot my original (from the eighties) they cannot believe how buttery smooth it is.

Have not shot one of the new ones yet.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:31 PM, Garufa said:

That’s only $30 over MSRP.  Not bad if it’s brand new. Then again G&A always has weird prices. 

The Python is the only Colt that ever interested me.  Maybe now that CZ is taking the reins they’ll start making some blued ones.

I'd be interested in this 😄