Jump to content

M249 Build


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

This all reminded me to check for some extra 100rd mag bags.  Last time I bought some they were 35 bucks each. Now I see a couple outfits asking $69 for one! And that's no links. These run 75 rds nicely in my RPD.  Good luck on the build. Oh, by the way, I bought a number of the plastic 200 round boxes and now I see why the grunts hated them. Pure garbage plastic latching on them. Don't waste your money on those P's OS. Good luck on the build.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 1:58 PM, alleycat72 said:

Factory M249S have been discontinued for quite some time.  The ones on GB are fetching 10K or more.  The one Im building is a post sample.

Link to post
On 10/9/2020 at 3:14 PM, xtriggerman said:

This all reminded me to check for some extra 100rd mag bags.  Last time I bought some they were 35 bucks each. Now I see a couple outfits asking $69 for one! And that's no links. These run 75 rds nicely in my RPD.  Good luck on the build. Oh, by the way, I bought a number of the plastic 200 round boxes and now I see why the grunts hated them. Pure garbage plastic latching on them. Don't waste your money on those P's OS. Good luck on the build.

Thanks.  yeah i picked up some new NATO 100 nutsacks (the reinforced sides) off GB and paid like $80 (no links) Having to link up my own 556 right now cuz linked 556 is so expensive.

Link to post
10 hours ago, sigbrown1297 said:

Thanks.  yeah i picked up some new NATO 100 nutsacks (the reinforced sides) off GB and paid like $80 (no links) Having to link up my own 556 right now cuz linked 556 is so expensive.

If your looking for more nutsacks shoot me a PM I'd be will to sell 3 "new in the wrapper" woodland camo with starter tabs and around 2-3k worth of LC links used once..

Linking is not so bad, I run a sweat shop, you want food, I want linked ammo..

40466354312_3d770973cd_b.jpg

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to post
10 hours ago, sigbrown1297 said:

Factory M249S have been discontinued for quite some time.  The ones on GB are fetching 10K or more.  The one Im building is a post sample.

And that's why I've been looking at mg42s. LOL 

Link to post
On 11/7/2020 at 7:09 AM, alleycat72 said:

And that's why I've been looking at mg42s. LOL 

Back when I was looking for a belt feed, I thought the RPD was my best option with the mint Polish kits running under $300 at Sarco and DSA semi receivers for $350. Pretty much a no brainer there. Only thing I hated was the way these were being built with a sliding hammer made up FCG. That brain fart system is about as far from mil spec as you can imagine, so I figured out how to fab in a HK G3 lower with a HK91 FCG that slips into the G3 frame and is removable. With a heavy finned SS barrel and M2 bipod it weighs in at about 20 lbs but shoots nice. A couple guys wanted to do conversions like this so I spec'ed out all the work and put it here. Maybe not a everyone project but food for thought for belt fed fabricators.

https://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=69139.0

  • Like 2
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines