Rifles you never shoot

70Stingray

I bought this several years ago because I got a unbelievable deal on it. I’ve only shot a box through it.  I don’t have a nice scope for it and has just sat there. Guess I’m not enjoying life it the way I should. Anybody else have guns they never use? 

BA0350F7-DC3F-4A4B-8FB6-3E2D36060C78.jpeg

I've got several rimfire's that don't get shot much, if any.  2 Annies from the mid -80's and some 10/22's.  It may have been 6 months since I shot my R700, but can't really say for sure w/o looking at the targets.

• Like 1

Sounds like you need a visit to the range, Jim! I've got a chair setup about 75 yds away from my "backstop", you can come plinking out here any day!

I'm fairly new to the hobby, don't have any safe-queens yet. If ammo were cheaper (and one could get it!).....

At the cost of those big ones I'd probably only take it out on 4th of July. LOL!

• Like 1

Oh, I've been to the range numerous times, but I've been playing with a 20 Practical and 6x45 I built this past spring as well as a 22/250 I've neglected and never got a good load for.  Target says I was just too stubborn to realize the 22/250 didn't like the bullets I was wanting to use.  😬

• Like 1

I have guns that I don't shot often but most every gun I buy is shot the same day it comes home or soon after. I made a rule years ago, don't collect safe queens and if I don't plan to shoot it I don't buy it. I have a couple of non functional wall hangers I just like looking at with bad barrels and the first shot gun my dad ever bought that is a single shot 16g on the wall.

All that said there is a couple I should get out this week 🙂

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Never been shot by me:

• New in the box Marlin 39A
  • Remington Nylon 66 bought years ago in a Pawn Shop
  • New in the box Ruger 10/22 with a laminated stock extending to the muzzle
  • New in the box Ruger PC9

Uncountable are the shotguns that I have that I have never shot

Edited by A516

I tend not to have duplicates of any of my rifles. BUT, I do have one for every occasion plus occasions I haven't thought of yet..
They are safe queens for the most part because I just can't get out to the ranges as much. Tend to use handguns more but now just hording ammo.

- I can reach out and touch someone.
- I can reach out and touch someone even further
- A master key for just those occasions
- Close quarter battle
- Lever action when I feel like playing cowboys and Indians
- Clearing rooms
- Self defense
....etc. 😉

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Got a brand new AK that I haven’t shot. Also got an MP5 clone, but I guess that technically a pistol. 

But really, my Bergara 6.5 and my Montana .308 almost never get shot because I just don’t have a place to really wring them out. I can still have fun with my military pattern rifles in sub-100yd ranges, but the bolt guns need to be able to stretch their legs to be fun. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1

I've got a big 50 that I rarely shoot, but I'd like to shoot it a lot more often. The problem is finding a place to shoot it safely. I joined the local shooting range a couple years ago, and when I signed up I specifically asked if shooting a 50 was allowed, and was told that it is. The second time out one of the other shooters pointed out a sign that I hadn't read that said "no 50 BMG."  I brought it up with the BOD and apparently I was given bum dope by the guy I originally spoke with. I still enjoy the range and take other rifles there, but darn it!

And like Chucktshoes above, I have an unfired AK that I got when my father died 20 years ago. I've not even bought ammo for that rifle. I take it out of the safe to fondle it once in a while. 🙂

With the scarcity of reloading components these days, it sure likes like it'll be a lot more expensive to shoot anything often! I was looking for some large magnum rifle primers and slow powder last week and found exactly NOTHING.

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 1