Met another member today

I've enjoyed getting together with TGO'ers every time I've had the opportunity.

I've often thought, more so lately.... that we should have (verrrry loosely organized) TGO get togethers once or twice a year or something?

In my past life I was a founding member of a big Saltwater reef aquarium club, and we'd have get togethers at each others homes every other month (because you can't haul a 210 gal reef tank to O'Charleys parkinglot). As is the way with strangers over the internet, it fell out of fashion (for good reason, someone got robbed - they stole corals out of the guys tank when family was at work/school).

When I was a member at ORSA, one could reserve the clubhouse for free for gatherings and invite non-club members (a temporary gate-code was generated). Maybe someone rent/reserve a pavillion at a local town/state park (that allows permit holders to carry)? Admission = chip in a couple bucks and someone buys the hotdogs and charcoal? Bring a dish-to-pass/bag 'o chips, drinks are on you? Maybe you meet 2-4 people you 'know' online and invite them to your home next weekend if so inclined. Between things these days and us all being gun owners I strongly discourage inviting total strangers into your home.

It would be a great way to network like-minded folks, and put a face to the name you've been bantering with online for the past #-years!  And then maybe more than 4-5 of you will know thats really not me in the avatar, lol!

- K

Edited by ReeferMac
typo!
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.