Tennessee Football Back ?

19_A_CPT

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

My patience with Guarantano has expired.   He best be gone.

We’re you impressed with his replacement yesterday?

I think he has potential. He just needs someone to put a foot in his azz. I get the feeling Guarantano thinks he’s smarter than the coaching staff.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

We’re you impressed with his replacement yesterday?

I think he has potential. He just needs someone to put a foot in his azz. I get the feeling Guarantano thinks he’s smarter than the coaching staff.

I didn’t even see the one play of the backup QB.

Guarantano is very good when he wants to be but after 5 years on the team and starting games for the past 4 years, constantly getting pulled and put back in, his time has come and gone.  He can’t get his head right.  We’ve been patient with his potential for far too long.

TN has had a real bad habit of committing to QB’s who have potential but don’t deliver like they should and that problem has been going on long since before Pruitt took over.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Garufa said:

I didn’t even see the one play of the backup QB.

Guarantano is very good when he wants to be but after 5 years on the team and starting games for the past 4 years, constantly getting pulled and put back in, his time has come and gone.  He can’t get his head right.  We’ve been patient with his potential for far too long.

TN has had a real bad habit of committing to QB’s who have potential but don’t deliver like they should and that problem has been going on long since before Pruitt took over.

Yes, desperately in need of several high QB recruits. I feel for the guy, but when he's bad, he's really bad. 

• 5 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

That would be tough on Tennessee, Vandy is one of their few likely SEC wins each year ...

Not for the last decade based on the game results. UT fans won't admit it but Vanderbilt is a bigger rival than Florida, Georgia, or Alabama the last ten years. 

105 November 20, 2010 Nashville Tennessee 24–10
106 November 19, 2011 Knoxville Tennessee 27–21OT
107 November 17, 2012 Nashville Vanderbilt 41–18
108 November 23, 2013 Knoxville Vanderbilt 14–10
109 November 29, 2014 Nashville Tennessee 24–17
110 November 28, 2015 Knoxville Tennessee 53–28
111 November 26, 2016 Nashville Vanderbilt 45–34
112 November 25, 2017 Knoxville Vanderbilt 42–24
113 November 24, 2018 Nashville Vanderbilt 38–13
114 November 30, 2019 Knoxville Tennessee 28–10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, bubbadavis said:

Not for the last decade based on the game results. UT fans won't admit it but Vanderbilt is a bigger rival than Florida, Georgia, or Alabama the last ten years. 

True enough, but even at a 50% win clip, Vandy is (outside of maybe Kentucky) still Tennessee's best chance for an SEC win each year ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Moderators
28 minutes ago, bubbadavis said:

I was thinking that Vandy had moved from “likely” to “potential”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I was thinking that Vandy had moved from “likely” to “potential”.

That is probably a better word choice ...

4 minutes ago, bubbadavis said:

Yep, the SEC is brutal. Easy wins are few and far between. 

For Tennessee, any wins are few and far between now ...

• Like 3
  • Moderators
10 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Especially if Vandy puts some more girls on the field.

With the way the Tennessee plays, I don’t know that that’s gonna make any difference at all. Scratch that, it’ll probably result in a lot more penalties and then sexual assault prosecutions.

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 10/17/2020 at 4:41 PM, gregintenn said:

As a lifelong Vandy fan, I find it gratifying for UT fans to feel a bit of my heartache.

Don’t get me wrong; I fully understand you Knoxville guys supporting your home team. It’s just that we’re nearly 200 miles from there, and my little town looks like it’s deer season year around with all the obnoxious folks walking around donned in orange, driving orange cars, and painting their front doors orange. There’s an SEC team right here in Middle Tennessee for going Snead sake!

Whew! I feel a tiny bit better now.

As a native of Knoxville who lives in the Nashville area... These guys have nothing on UT fandom back home.  The radio barely mentions us and I dont get near enough "Go Vols" from random strangers here.  Knoxville in the Fall is a great place to be.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...