Tennessee Football Back ?

19_A_CPT

35 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I was fully expecting them to get beat by the girl.  At least they still have that small measure of dignity.

2-6 team with more money behind it than the federal budget beats a more anemic than usual 0-7 instate rival (with a girl on the squad no less).

Small measure indeed.

- OS

On 11/30/2020 at 5:20 PM, Daniel said:

As a native of Knoxville who lives in the Nashville area... These guys have nothing on UT fandom back home.  The radio barely mentions us and I dont get near enough "Go Vols" from random strangers here.  Knoxville in the Fall is a great place to be.

I can concur.

Born and raised Buffalo NY native (you wanna talk about a hard to love team with me?)

The football fans up there are absolutely rabid for their home team. Bare chested in the upper deck in an 80k seat outdoor stadium in the dead of January is my definition of a rabid fan. Ain't seen THAT down here just yet, but gotta give it to the Vols fans, they do love their team. It was something I noticed very early when I moved here, made me feel right at home, actually. I've since adopted Smokey and his boys (wasn't any good college ball up that way anyhow). That sense of hometown pride over anything I think is important. You notice it more when its lacking than when its there? I think big(ger) metropolitan areas like Nashvegas get too many transplants, it dilutes that hometown pride thing. Half the residents prolly think of Vandy as that school downtown with no parking.

• Like 1

I grew up in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, and am a lifelong WA Huskies fan. This year they're heading to the PAC12 championship game with a "stellar" 3-1 record, having backed in as a result of a Covid-cancelled game against the filthy Oregon Ducks yesterday. That game would have been a de facto PAC12 north championship game, with the winner representing the north against U$C of the south. Because the Huskies couldn't play, they ended with the "better" record and will (maybe) represent the north.  Why maybe? Because they were unable to field the required number of players against the filthy Ducks yesterday and may not be able to field a team next Saturday, either. If they can't answer the bell, what happens then? Do the filthy Ducks get to go instead? Colorado, perhaps?

What a terribly screwed up season!!!!!! I love college football, but this is a year to forget.  Oh by he way, Tennessee has a team?

17 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

2-6 team with more money behind it than the federal budget beats a more anemic than usual 0-7 instate rival (with a girl on the squad no less).

Small measure indeed.

- OS

Ehh, I really don't expect much from the Vols.  They're not as important as they pretend they are in any capacity.  They're living off of a past that isn't that awesome in comparison to other schools, and now with the CFP putting more and more attention on the top schools, it's going to he harder than before to get to a good spot.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Wdodd said:

Just love the way the game announcers use the (I guess “politically correct”) term of Vandy players electing to “opt out” for the remainder of the season .....

OPT OUT?   Heck no, they QUIT !🤢🤢🤮🤮

I’ve been a fan for a long time, but if they hire another coach due to skin color instead of ability, I’m opting out.

• 4 weeks later...

Is Tennessee back?  They're back to looking for another coach, and are possibly back to dealing with another athletic department scandal.  f they were involved in a pay to play situation, they could probably sue the players involved for breach of contract ...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, No_0ne said:

Is Tennessee back?  They're back to looking for another coach, and are possibly back to dealing with another athletic department scandal.  f they were involved in a pay to play situation, they could probably sue the players involved for breach of contract ...

Like the administration wasn’t aware. 😂

• Like 2