Ammo trade (.30-30) TRADED!

Handsome Rob

Here's an odd one for ya! 

I have 65 rounds of freshly reloaded 165gn Leverevolution. They're my own reloads, to factory spec. 

Unfortunately, i loaded them for an old marlin 336 that I no longer own & it had a slightly longer chamber than my winchester 94. The rascals are maybe 0.002" too long to chamber. I tried them in a buddy's 336; no problem at all. 

If anyone's interested, i'd trade them for 50 rounds of factory 170gn. I'll also throw in whatever bullets i have left in the box

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah all i would have is 150 grainers! Happy Shooting and Welcome, codygarcia. Where are you coming from?  The Leverevolutions are great rounds. First ive heard of their failure to chamber in anything but ive also not been in the 30-30 world for a while but will be doing more and more with my youngsters coming up. 

Yeah, umm, see, that was a trick question. What a dumb idea, everybody knows you can't just put them back in the press and reseat them to a shorter OAL.   🤥 

Ok, so it sounded like a reasonable idea but apparently not, based on the deafening silence. In my defense I've never been accused of being the brightest guy in the world. 

On 10/6/2020 at 7:40 PM, Dihmsab said:

Ok, so here’s a rookie reloader question... I guess you can’t just put them back in the press and seat them 0.002” deeper? Would that be because they have a roll crimp? 

Not a dumb question at all, but overall length isn't the problem. If it was, that's exactly what i'd do. 

The issue is the distance from the rim to the shoulder. No way to correct that side from completely tearing them down & full length resizing again with the fire set a few thou shorter. 

1 hour ago, Handsome Rob said:

Not a dumb question at all, but overall length isn't the problem. If it was, that's exactly what i'd do. 

The issue is the distance from the rim to the shoulder. No way to correct that side from completely tearing them down & full length resizing again with the fire set a few thou shorter. 

I figured that was the issue...but why not go just for it and run them through a properly adjusted sizing die again.  Knocking two thousands of an inch off the size couldn’t hurt, right?  

Is that even possible, lol?  

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

I figured that was the issue...but why not go just for it and run them through a properly adjusted sizing die again.  Knocking two thousands of an inch off the size couldn’t hurt, right?  

Is that even possible, lol?  

Honestly? I can't be freaking bothered! I've loaded so many rounds this year (5,000+ on a single stage) I just want a simple solution! I had to pull down 200 .30-06 rounds last month because i figured out (before firing one, thankfully) while I was in the bath (i have my best thoughts in the bath.....) that i'd done 47.8, not 57.8 grains. That's the one downside of loading so many calibers on one press & powder measure. Accidents can & do happen. 

Archived