My 2nd NAA 32 mouse gun

xtriggerman

Picked this up from a local guy for 3 bones and was surprised it had gutter tritium sights. That's a $150 option but the tritium was depleted so I milled out the glass a tiny bit enough for some paint and put color in them. Then I figured I'd give it a barrel flute job and put a .090 deep radius cut down both top barrel edges. These are true pocket pistols and sized it over a Rossi 88 that's about the best S&W M60 clone out there. These little 32acp guns are not bad hitters with Underwood copper 55g loads. It came with a nice leather pocked holster + spare 6 rd mag. I put a mirror polish on the slide sides and barrel. That red in the slide pic is my red flannel shirts reflection. I guess I should shoot this soon. The other 32 Guardian has light rifling and doesent stabilize the bullets as good as can be but this one looks like it has much more defined lands & grooves.
 rVjI0LDl.jpg
 BT8ohZ5l.jpg
 TmvJJI7l.jpg
 CVLhkgCl.jpg

Edited by xtriggerman
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Thanks for the comments.  Well, I went to fire it first time and on the first shot, the trigger spring broke and the mag dropped loose!  I had a spare trigger spring and put that in. There were mag dropping problems with these guns and they make a newer replacement mag catch thats supposed to be the fix. I think this is one of them but my thick finger pressure force pushed it down on recoil. The fix is to dremil cut the mag catch "step" with an inverted surface that leaves the mag with absolutely no down ward movement in the mag body as the release step moves away from mag to release it. Originally, you can see the magazine slowly creep downward (from locked in position) as the mag button is very slowly pushed in. Big Taboo there. So the next 2 mags shoot out with no issues and gave me time to figure out the sights and nearly 11 lb trigger pull. I'v not fired a full box threw these little pop guns yet but feel this one shoots better groups over my other one. Not bad really and probably better than the sharp stick some prefer over a sub compact cal.
FIaSuP0l.jpg

• Like 3
9 hours ago, billmeek said:

North American Arms has a great service department.  I'd contact them and see if they wouldn't ship out a replacement mag catch rather than modifying the one on your new (to you) Guardian.

too late, I all ready ordered one that comes in a set with 2 finger extensions. Not bad at 30 bucks. Im curious to see if they have a non push off shelf of a mag contact step.