Jewelers glasses = Get a set.

Hey folks, Every once in a while I run into a China product that is a fantastic value. This easily qualifies for that. After I have pulled a couple slivers I ordered 5 of these for gifts. The capper on just how useful these are is this story. My wife had what looked like a skin tag popping out on her upper eye lid where the eye lashes are. By naked eye, yeah it certainly looked like a skin tag. Then I thought let me look at it with those jewelers glasses set to 15X. It in fact was an ingrown hair that tried to poke out but did a U turn back into the lid skin. I could clearly see the black hair below the skin surface. So with a acupuncture needle, I carefully broke the skin at its furthest point sticking out and exposed the hair enough to grab it with my extra fine tweezers and pulled the hair out root and all. The jewelers glasses made this possible. Even with a basic magnifying glass, it would not have been any help at all in defining the situation. I'v pulled a number of wood & steel slivers out of my fingers with these glasses and its nothing short of amazing on knowing, I got it all within a highly accurate extraction. The 25X lens is way too strong on any operations since my fine tweezers tips look like cannon barrels. Clearly, these are prized as a survival tool.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-15-20-25X-LED-Eye-Jeweler-Watch-Repair-Magnifying-Glasses-Magnifier-Loupe-USA/254375610539?hash=item3b39f7c8ab:g:19sAAOSwCDxdrsc5

Edited by xtriggerman
  • Like 4

I changed the link with a US seller that's in stock.  I'm not crazy about everything Chinese either but a lot of stuff is just not available. Sure, its gotten out of hand thanks to our "favored Nation trading" pre Trump. It will take a lot of time to turn these products around as US made.

Thanks for the info and the link. Just ordered 2. With aging eyes, these could be a great thing to have around.

Now...about those acupuncture needs and extra fine tweezers...any recommendations on them? lol

I saw many on ebay. Seems like the stainless steel and anti-static would be good at first thought.