So what is 9MM really selling for on secondary market

1 hour ago, Quavodus said:

That's a little high. I've started loading it. Low on primers but, have got about 500 loaded and a lot more factory.

I agree completely. Thats just what Royal Range was selling it for. I dont have a 9mm so i could care less how high the price gets. I sold my last partial box of ammo to a fellow TGO'er and gave him a great deal. I am good to go with a few (lol) boxes of all my remaining calibers. Only thing I would be short would be 5.56 but my wife isnt going to shoot hers anytime soon and i think its a puny cartridge. 

Yeah, its sort of a puny cartridge but, with good hp ammo, its not a bad round. I got into 9mm because the ammo "was" cheap and plentiful. Things have changed huh? I kind of prefer the .38 Special, .357, and .45 ACP. The .38 and .357 is good with heavier bullets and well, .45 is just good. 

Yea, heard supply and demand are getting better.  Still not buying, lead maybe but I am good for another few years unless cost comes down to pre-BS prices.  

Just picked up a few 6.5 CM supplies, enough to load some ladders and enough left over to hunt with next year.  But still need some dies and a mold or two to try out, and oh yea a rifle too :-).  

• Like 1

SuperVel is offering a BYOP program for 9mm. (Bring Your Own Primers) 

You ship them small pistol primers (must be in increments of 1000), and they will do all the reloading with once used military brass. $199 shipped for 115gr and $229 shipped for 145gr. You have the ammo after about a week for them receiving the primers. This has saved my ass the last few months. 

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, Cojo87 said:

SuperVel is offering a BYOP program for 9mm. (Bring Your Own Primers) 

You ship them small pistol primers (must be in increments of 1000), and they will do all the reloading with once used military brass. $199 shipped for 115gr and $229 shipped for 145gr. You have the ammo after about a week for them receiving the primers. This has saved my ass the last few months. 

Primers seem to be the issue, finding them and affording them.  Glad I stocked up before all this.  After these last shortages, if folks don't stock up, not sure I'll have any sympathy. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Omega said:

Primers seem to be the issue, finding them and affording them.  Glad I stocked up before all this.  After these last shortages, if folks don't stock up, not sure I'll have any sympathy. 

That's what we said last time...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Raoul said:

That's what we said last time...

2 hours ago, No_0ne said:

And the time before that, and that and ...

Yes, and for those folks that remember, well, like I said No Sympathy.  But, there are quite a few new gun owners and reloaders that haven't experienced this, and for those folks I may have a little bit left, but only a little.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was looking at Armslist this morning, and I see that one seller wants $1500 for 1000 rounds of aluminum-cased 38 SPL (+P).  Wowzer!  But the thing that truly amazes me is the price that some folks are asking, and apparently getting, for primers. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, jeff43 said:

Bullseye in Murfreesboro has 9mm for only $50 for 50 rounds and 223 fmj for only $25 for 20 rounds

Be sure to remember them when this is over. Someone should start a thread so that we can remember these exemplary retailers who take advantage of us in bad times.

• Like 1