Any news on the Nashville Glockstore.........

Pickaroon

Outpost Armory owned by Mr. Barrett is supposed to have a huge shop and range with a long rifle range indoors. It's supposed to be built this year I heard and read. Somewhere along I-24 down from their present shop. I think I saw the construction site and if that's it then they are also very far behind. All this chinese virus stuff is causing major delays.  My father-in-law is a contractor and the virus mess has caused their company to be put on hold all summer and he just now went back to work. 

https://www.murfreesborovoice.com/article/2330/the-outpost-armory-breaks-ground-on-new-murfreesboro-shooting-range

Edited by tercel89
35 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

Outpost Armory owned by Mr. Barrett is supposed to have a huge shop and range with a long rifle range indoors. It's supposed to be built this year I heard and read. Somewhere along I-24 down from their present shop. I think I saw the construction site and if that's it then they are also very far behind. All this chinese virus stuff is causing major delays.  My father-in-law is a contractor and the virus mess has caused their company to be put on hold all summer and he just now went back to work. 

https://www.murfreesborovoice.com/article/2330/the-outpost-armory-breaks-ground-on-new-murfreesboro-shooting-range

The new place is close to that far along. It is between Old Fort and New Salem on the right headed east. Google Warren Cemetery and that is where it is at.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.8338183,-86.4206756,3a,75y,225.3h,85.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szr9WFUooZ4FI74eidd8z-A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

The new Outpost location is highly visible from I-24. It is a nice looking building.

The Glockstore is close. I'm ready for it to be open. I have several customers who have their offices in the vicinity. I anticipate many lunch meetings with Glockstore receipts being turned in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.royalrangeusa.com/safety

Rule 4. No hand-loaded ammo is allowed in our facility. Shooting hand-loads will get you banned from our Range.

https://www.armoryranges.com/faqs

Due to insurance and safety reasons, we cannot allow reloaded ammunition to be fired on the range.

7 hours ago, deerslayer said:

I’ve never seen a range that didn’t allow reloads.  

Indoor ranges is what I know about, outdoor ranges have allowed reloads in the past

Edited by RED333
Because I can
3 hours ago, RED333 said:

https://www.royalrangeusa.com/safety

Rule 4. No hand-loaded ammo is allowed in our facility. Shooting hand-loads will get you banned from our Range.

https://www.armoryranges.com/faqs

Due to insurance and safety reasons, we cannot allow reloaded ammunition to be fired on the range.

Indoor ranges is what I know about, outdoor ranges have allowed reloads in the past

Oh I don’t doubt they are out there; I’ve just never been to one (indoor or outdoor).  I wonder what the logic is behind the ban.  Many indoor ranges sell reloads, so I would be tempted to call BS on the insurance thing.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Oh I don’t doubt they are out there; I’ve just never been to one (indoor or outdoor).  I wonder what the logic is behind the ban.  Many indoor ranges sell reloads, so I would be tempted to call BS on the insurance thing.  

Yes but what do you expect from a bunch of flatlanders!😂

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, deerslayer said:

I wonder if that’s because our local ranges are of the opinion that it don’t matter what rounds ya shoot as long as you don’t shoot each other? 😂😂😂

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I get really uneasy at indoor ranges. I remember seeing bullet holes in the walls at the old Coal Creek Armory. 

I remember seeing a massive hunk of jacketed lead ricochet heading directly for my face at the old Coal Creek Armory, lol.

• Wow 1
  • Moderators
40 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I get really uneasy at indoor ranges. I remember seeing bullet holes in the walls at the old Coal Creek Armory. 

34 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I remember seeing a massive hunk of jacketed lead ricochet heading directly for my face at the old Coal Creek Armory, lol.

I’m pretty sure I remember the owner of CCA coming on here and providing one of the most epic “how not to defend your business online” tutorials ever. 😂😂

• Like 1
6 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Many indoor ranges sell reloads, so I would be tempted to call BS on the insurance thing.  

At least with our ranges here, those reloads are made by a company that holds a FFL for manufacturing ammunition, which would lead one to believe that they also have an insurance policy to cover liability.   That is a much different animal than some random fellas home grown loads that he made with a "special recipe" to make them big fireballs! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Moderators
28 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

Link? (Assuming it's still accessible...)

That’s one of those threads that’s buried in the depths of TGO close to a decade back or more. It’s not a unique phenomenon at all either. Those of us that've been around here forever have borne witness to multiple folks who don’t know how to handle negative reviews on social media. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would bet the “no reloads” is a safety concern, and probably an insurance issue. The few azzhats that blew up their gun and then posted it on the internet, blaming everyone but themselves, ruined it for the many that reload safely. You can’t let those kind of people around normal folks without strict supervision, or having medical personnel on standby. 🤣

I would bet the insurance for some of these indoor ranges that are smack dab in the middle of commercial areas is pretty high.

• Like 2

No reloads allowed = better chance you might be compelled to buy their overpriced ammo.

The last time I shot “factory” reloads was at an indoor range bought from the same range under different ownership a couple of years earlier.  

One round literally did explode in my face.  Total and complete head separation.  

Point is, are store bought reloads somehow more safer than hand-rolled?

• Like 2