Question about Covid ??

bersaguy

2 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

10 or 20 gallon galvanized trash cans with lids will do the trick, or I could send you one of my rat snakes icon-smile-1.gif

Thanks for the offer...but we have a more than adequate supply usually. Small spring near the house with many places for them to live. But haven't seen many this summer/fall.

13 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

10 or 20 gallon galvanized trash cans with lids will do the trick, or I could send you one of my rat snakes icon-smile-1.gif

Good option with the rat snakes, but they are lazy bastards in the winter.

• Like 1
On 10/11/2020 at 12:48 PM, bersaguy said:

I know they keep posting huge numbers of new Covid cases daily but my question is when a person tests for it do they actually have the virus and if so why are the hospitals not over run with sick people? Can a person have the virus and not really be sick?  I also hear about people be tested and show positive but are just told to self quarantine at home for 14 days and get retested.  Is it not more or less a false number of actual active cases they are posting if they say 500 people tested positive yet they send 490 of them home to self quarantine there is actually only 10 real cases that required to be in a the hospital? I mean the authorities are using the 500 number to keep many businesses closed when the true active cases is 10. I welcome any responses to explain this to me!!

Don't even know if the tests are all that accurate?  One friend of mine tested positive and a few days later was negative.  Same for his son.

Possibly the media is just spinning the tests to show a more sever threat than COVID really is.  Then again, they could be right.  I am not an expert nor do I play one on YouTube  :0

3 hours ago, JustEd said:

Don't even know if the tests are all that accurate?  One friend of mine tested positive and a few days later was negative.  Same for his son.

Possibly the media is just spinning the tests to show a more sever threat than COVID really is.  Then again, they could be right.  I am not an expert nor do I play one on YouTube  :0

When the NY Time is questioning things, there might be some issues:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html

A local Knoxville Doctor found out that Integrity Labs here in Knoxville is using a cycle threshold of 40. Asked why they were using such a high number they said it was because the FDA required them to. It's crazy because the majority of people who are testing positive on these PCR tests really aren't. The mask crap is because people are testing positive, don't have any symptoms and therefore are asymptomatic. However, in reality those people aren't really sick, can't spread the virus, and aren't really asymptomatic! It's crazy and the media is not really digging into this issue.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, macville said:

When the NY Time is questioning things, there might be some issues:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html

A local Knoxville Doctor found out that Integrity Labs here in Knoxville is using a cycle threshold of 40. Asked why they were using such a high number they said it was because the FDA required them to. It's crazy because the majority of people who are testing positive on these PCR tests really aren't. The mask crap is because people are testing positive, don't have any symptoms and therefore are asymptomatic. However, in reality those people aren't really sick, can't spread the virus, and aren't really asymptomatic! It's crazy and the media is not really digging into this issue.

Wow. That's really an eye-opening article. So the tests are WAY too sensitive, resulting in up to a 90% false positive rate. ...and that's being reporting in the NY Times! 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, macville said:

That's really interesting. I know very little about how this stuff works, but these statements are telling... 

85 to 90 percent of people who tested positive in July with a cycle threshold of 40 would have been deemed negative if the threshold were 30 cycles,

In a vernacular more familiar to me, the gain is set much too high for this testing. They didn't set these at 11, they set it at 13. 

• Like 2
On 10/20/2020 at 10:36 PM, dralarms said:

They’re going to find out that for the most part most of the positive tests are wrong and I honestly believe that when it’s all said and done most of us have been exposed with no results. 

My sister currently has the virus. She has symptoms and tested positive Saturday morning after having the symptoms since last Tuesday. My BIL and niece still don't have any symptoms and currently my parents who were visiting them don't have any (the next few days will tell.) I firmly believe that there are a ton of people who either naturally can fight it or have had other cronaviruses that give them immunity. The testing is a scam and there are people getting very rich off it.

• Like 3
On 10/12/2020 at 3:22 AM, Danger Rane said:

But I think people are waking up and starting to get pretty pissed about the lies and oppression being placed on them about a virus that is primarily effecting those that are already one foot in the grave.

All that being said Links, I’m truly sorry and saddened about the loss of your family and friend

"#### your friends they were almost dead anyway.

Sorry about your friends being dead."

• Like 1
On 10/29/2020 at 6:05 PM, Daniel said:

"#### your friends they were almost dead anyway.

Sorry about your friends being dead."

I wouldn’t be in the line of work I am if I felt the way that your comment implies. One can have a realistic view about a situation and still be saddened by it. An elderly person died in our town last night (unknown if COVID related), as they do several times per week. I can be saddened by their loss and the effects it has on their family and still objectively know that it’s going to keep happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1