HURRY QUICK 5.56 AT CTD "ON SALE"

Price gouging sucks and it isn't my style but it does work as a way of ensuring that the product exists in the market for those that are in desperate need for it. Competition ensures that when you gouge you can't move as much product. That said I still hate the F##k out of cheaper than dirt for having pissy customer service and being a generaly slimy company. 

• Like 4

What sucks is that i remember really liking getting their catalog in the mail when I was very young back in 2004 or so they had cool stuff and my parents didn't let me use the dial-up internet at the time so it was magazines or nothing. I bought some parts to build an AR from them in my adult life and the customer service was god awful. They blundered up the order multiple multiple times then complained I was trying to take advantage of their return policy. I wound up having a completed rifle minus the MBUS sights and the moe stock for a while. 

Edited by Mseals22
5 hours ago, tacops said:

I was a frequent flyer with CTD in the early years, 90's, but I have not and will not spend a penny with them due to the gouging.

Valid point. 15-20 years ago CTD was a pretty good company. It was the place to go for parts or accessories for many of the popular mil-surp guns available  back then. Things like original slings, magazine, holsters, cleaning kits, etc and they actually were dirt cheap. They had a lot of good stuff.

But somewhere back about the time the first panic hit they discovered price gouging and ain't been the same since. 

What really killed 'em for me was several years ago I was going to order three small items from them. It turned out that they would be coming from three separate warehouses and they wanted separate shipping for each item. The shipping was more than the cost of the items. Aside from the price gouging, they will also burn you bad on their outrageous  shipping charges. 🤬

• Like 3

I got a kick out of their site during the first real Obama panic.  They had forgotten to remove the logic on their item pages that showed the difference between the MSRP and whatever they were currently charging.   So instead of "You saved 10%", the page was showing things like "You saved -692% !" 

What a bunch of maroons.🤣

• Haha 2

I really want simple economics to force them out of business...but there's always going to be people in the gun community who panic buy overpriced ammo and crap gear/accessories, so CTD more or less has a well carved niche of a place to exist.

I'll always give my business to PSA and Primary Arms over these asshats.