Cookeville Gun Show

Do you know the location? I grew up about 8 miles from there. But have never been to a show there. The Sparta shows seem to have good reputation from what I've heard.

Wait, I see what you said now. lol I didn't get the thought. 

Buying might be a bit hard this close to the election. Or...It might get easier(except for ammo. I don't see that coming down for a long time.)

Just depends on your perspective of the election and how it will be for us after it's over.

Way I see it, if Trump continues in office; we should be ok, at least in the sort term.

If Biden is the winner...I'd say the odds of us being happy with them are pretty low. Both seem to be strong anti-gun and have pledged, if not threatened to remove them from us.

So as far as the Cookeville show, if you're close by and want some entertainment, go. Can't hurt. 

Edited by hipower

Depends on the WHY he's going. Most anything will have a panic premium added to it and dealers will all be aligned until after election day. If he's looking to fondle he might get lucky if the one he's after is on a table. Doesn't sound like a large show so selection might not be so good. 

I don't understand the statement "I told him if they had anything we wouldn't be able to buy it".  If they had it, why wouldn't you be able to buy it?  My statement would have been "they probably won't have anything and if they do, it will be overpriced".  In my opinion the prices don't have as much to do with election day as the pandemic and all the rioting nonsense.  I don't believe prices will drop just because Trump gets re-elected because it was not the election that started it.  If Biden wins, people will panic and  prices will go up even more and may last a while longer than it would under Trump.  The panic will wear off and prices will go back down until the next reason to panic.  When the prices go back down, go out and buy a couple of cases of ammo and then sell them at the next panic.  You make enough to buy some cool stuff when that panic is over.  Sorry to be so positive but this has been going on since the early 90's. 

Where is it? Have there been previous shows in Cookeville?

I think there is one in Lebanon this weekend. Unless they’ve changed, they aren’t worth the admission price.

Sparta and Cave City, Kentucky are the only local shows I bother going to anymore.

• Like 1

I don't think I'll be going to any gunshows for a while. Prices are high, inventory is low. I'm thinking crowds will be big because so many people are desperate for ammo and such. And then, Covid is still with us. I'll just pass for the time being. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I don't think I'll be going to any gunshows for a while. Prices are high, inventory is low. I'm thinking crowds will be big because so many people are desperate for ammo and such. And then, Covid is still with us. I'll just pass for the time being. 🙄

Me too.

Well, the show is at the Leslie Town Center at 1W 1st Street. Near the Railroad Depot Museum. Don't really remember what that building might be like though. Been a long time since I was in that part of Cookeville.

Edited by hipower

I went.  Very few tables, few dealers, a couple of traders.  Apparently a good number of the traders with pistols got cleaned out pretty early Saturday, leaving more empty tables.  Not sure if Lebanon show pulled folks away, but certainly not the expected crowd level mid day Saturday.  Some prices fair, some out of line, even for the election run up.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SpartaTN said:

I went.  Very few tables, few dealers, a couple of traders.  Apparently a good number of the traders with pistols got cleaned out pretty early Saturday, leaving more empty tables.  Not sure if Lebanon show pulled folks away, but certainly not the expected crowd level mid day Saturday.  Some prices fair, some out of line, even for the election run up.

Thanks, I had hoped to come, and see some family as well while there; but just didn't get organized in to to make it happen.

And I didn't even get to the RK show in Lebanon either. Wasted day! lol Actually doing cleanup and husbandly chores instead.