Really excited about this GB score!

xtriggerman

Today a guy bought my 1903 Springfield rifle for 7 bones. I was going to put that money toward a AR45 build but like an idiot I cruised GB for odd ball things I had handled over the many decades passed that I took an interest in. One of those was a rifle that one of my clients used to hunt in various countries. I don't remember the cal his was in but the one I won is in 308 and that's one of my stashed ammo cals for my 2 FAL's and 2 98's. So this one has some wear & tear on it but nothing major from the pics. The GB pics dosent show the action in the open position so I found this old add that has great pictures of one in 270. Mine is identical other wise with no scope. Trust me, if you like a smooooth working action that feels and sounds right when racking it, this gun is amazing. The design & workmanship of the action is pretty mind blowing in its function. Scored it for a hair over a grand.
 https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/mauser-rifles---model-66/mauser-bauer--scarce---model-660---270-caliber.cfm?gun_id=100907820

• Like 2
7 hours ago, hipower said:

Glad you got it! But let's hear more about the AR45 build. I've been really wanting one.

Yeah, I got side tracked on some faded bucket list script.  I only have some parts right now like a right hand handle cocking upper and a sweet KAK barrel that's 16" but will get chopped to about 10" @ $133 shipped and gorgeous bore but they put a 1/2 x 28 thread on the end that is dam near into bore ID! Must have been a mistake and that's why there so cheap. Biggest mod will be grafting a MAC 10 mag well into a uncut AR lower mag well. I have about 15 or so grease gun mags.  I bet the guy that designed AK mags got the idea of how heavy duty they need to be after looking at a grease gun mag. Loaded or empty, you could bludgeon something to death with it. With todays levels of frustration, there is something satisfying about that 🙂

• Like 1

Good plans, from what little I know. I have a few parts that I got from my late brother-in-law. Don't remember exactly what at the moment, but there's a huge barrel with what looks like a .50 cal brake on it. 

I think I've had in my mind a 45 AR since I first saw a 9. lol Maybe before I kick off.

• 4 weeks later...