What are you carrying today

10 hours ago, RED333 said:

I had to look this up, last year made was 2008, can we have a pic?

You went and made me go look.  It is not a Victorinox.  It's a Wenger and it's marked 99 on the main blade tang,

First Edit: I would post a pic, but I find that posting pics here is an exercise in frustration. They usually come out looking like postage stamps.

Second Edit: I also have a Victorinox Alox Soldier as well, marked 91. I bought both these used. Neither has the box and the Vicky is without the bale.  Whoever had it first probably removed it, because it’s easy to close the main blade on the bale and nick the edge. That’s already happened with the Wenger.

Edited by Moped
4 hours ago, Moped said:

You went and made me go look.  It is not a Victorinox.

I do  apologize, I was not doubting you, I had not heard of that model. Now I am not a Victorinox expert but it did peak my intrest. Again I do apologize.

23 hours ago, RED333 said:

I do  apologize, I was not doubting you, I had not heard of that model. Now I am not a Victorinox expert but it did peak my intrest. Again I do apologize.

No apology necessary. I will try to post a pick of them side by side, later this week. Might try sending it to you. Wenger and Victorinox both made the Soldier for the Swiss Army, so they are identical, other than the manufacturer markings. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Il Duce said:

Today though is a Gen 1 RMJ Tactical Utsidihi

WyKcX18.jpg

Very nice! I like it!

I usually just have my backpack bazooka and a couple of Gerbers. LOL!

Actually, I'm low on the knife totem. My normal is a Kalisnakov Auto clipped on and a Gerber LST in the pocket with change.

Very low end guy. If I want to get fancy, I'll get out one of the TGO Protech Striders.

• Administrator

i-W5Vkx93-X3.jpg

• Gun: Staccato C2 Duo with Holosun 407K optic and Streamlight TLR7A
  • Knife: QSP Penguin in D2 steel with solid copper scales

Don't sleep on that sub $55 QSP Penguin, either.  The action on them is excellent and scratches the fidget itch.  The grind on the blade is razor sharp out of the box.

• Wow 2
50 minutes ago, TGO David said:

i-W5Vkx93-X3.jpg

• Gun: Staccato C2 Duo with Holosun 407K optic and Streamlight TLR7A
  • Knife: QSP Penguin in D2 steel with solid copper scales

Don't sleep on that sub $55 QSP Penguin, either.  The action on them is excellent and scratches the fidget itch.  The grind on the blade is razor sharp out of the box.

On sale at Amazon right now for $31. May have to grab one

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As always, my CRKT M16-01S is the go to, lightweight, precisely built from quality materials.   I will lose it one day to the uniform guy because I can barely tell it's in my pocket.  If they made a spring assist version, I'd probably throw away every other knife I own.

The purchase was a learning experience too.  Went to SMKW and settled on it, stood in line way to long only to be told they couldn't sell it tax exempt, which is required by my work being a tool allowance purchase.  Went to Bass Pro and they bothered to figure out the tax exempt process and the price was lower to boot. 20230208_123225.thumb.jpg.6b4ea27c692745f741e4bbc41d8ee20b.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...