TEXAS pigs!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've lost my mind. 

Going to work tonight at 10:00.

Getting off at 6:00 Friday morning and heading to Texas.

Hunting pigs starting at 7:30 Friday night. 

Driving back Saturday morning. 

Should arrive back at work by 10:00 Saturday night. 

Getting off work Sunday morning at 10:00.

Just got off from working a12 hour night.

Only sleep I'll get is on the ride down and the ride back from Texas. 

• Sad 2
  • Wow 1
48 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

So I've lost my mind. 

Yes, yes you have. 

With someone else driving I am guessing... Or you really trust that Tesla self driving mode....

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Alleycat72 said:

So I've lost my mind. 

The good ole' sleep deprivation and loaded guns kinda trip. Have fun and blast a bunch of oinkers. 

4 hours ago, Alleycat72 said:

So I've lost my mind. 

What rifle or rifles are you taking?

4 hours ago, OldIronFan said:

Yes, yes you have. 

With someone else driving I am guessing... Or you really trust that Tesla self driving mode....

LOL 

I never hunt at night alone. Kind of a safety rule for us. My hunting partner always goes and most of the time we take someone with us. This time I will be relieved of my driving duties. That was part of the deal if we were going this time. 

1 hour ago, Quavodus said:

What rifle or rifles are you taking?

I have a MSR 10 in 308 that is my primary gun. An Aero AR 10 as backup. N-vision nox 35mm scope, Silencerco radius LRF, and a Q suppessor. We keep one spare thermal for scanning and if we have a scope failure. I have seen dropped guns and guys hit the ground hard at night while walking. My buddy usually runs a 338 federal, but he's taking his V7 308 this time.

• Like 1

Funny story. 

I've worked a job for years that's gotten me used to working long and odd hours at a moments notice. My buddy is in the same business as I am, so he gets it. After I've been up for around 48 hours, I know I'm on borrowed time. So this one time we took two guy, but had to come back without sleeping. The idea was we'd share the driving. Someone asked me if I was okay at some point and I told them "Yes,....when I start seeing things that aren't there, I know I've got 30 minutes before I shut down." I don't think that's what they wanted to hear. LOL. I ended up sleeping about an hour on the way back that time. I'll get 6h both ways this time.

• 3 months later...

The new N-vision 50mm XRF showed up yesterday. I put it on the Seekins 223 wylde for a test run.  Love it so far. It is a bit heavy. 

Heading to Texas as soon as the Dr says I can go to war with thr hogs again. We'll be taking an 8.6 blackout this time. I'll be running one of two 308s.

50 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I’ve heard about (but not seen) the 8.6 BO. What do you think of the round?

We just started working with it.  The attractive part is that it's very efficient in a 12 barrel with supers. We are constantly getting in and out of vehicles and once you put a 7-9" suppessor on a gun it gets unwieldy. It could fix some of those issues, but it's not perfect. It doesn't have enough case capacity for trail boss, but too much for 1680. N32c on the other hand looks promising, but impossible to get. With the bullets that are out now, you'll need to be more careful shooting it in populated area. May like to ricochet. I'm looking at the Jtac elf owl and SBRing it.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...