Walmart Pulls Guns, Ammo Displays in U.S. Stores, Citing Civil Unrest

Garufa

2 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

lol sorry didnt mean to offend...anarchy was probably too strong a term...looting should fit though crime stats for Memphis are quite bad and some of the more metro located walmarts are definitely at risk to "bad actors".

Walmarts here went to abbreviated hours back then because of possible looting and rioting and none of it happened.  The city was peaceful.   That's not to say that we don't have our normal crime but there was no looting or anything out of the ordinary.  Not a single store was hit or anything like that.  

• Like 5

Other than 200+ murders, Memphis has been relatively peaceful this year, all things considered.  However, for the place to erupt, all it takes is one felon with a couple warrants getting pulled over or caught and deciding that he ain't going to jail today and the place could go up in flames.  And I would speculate that there is more than a couple felons with warrants riding around on 240 right now...

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Other than 200+ murders, Memphis has been relatively peaceful this year, all things considered.  However, for the place to erupt, all it takes is one felon with a couple warrants getting pulled over or caught and deciding that he ain't going to jail today and the place could go up in flames.  And I would speculate that there is more than a couple felons with warrants riding around on 240 right now...

As always, if you ain’t a hoodrat running around in hoodrat parts of town doing hoodrat ####, you ain’t got much to worry about with regards to violent crime in Memphis. 

12 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

As always, if you ain’t a hoodrat running around in hoodrat parts of town doing hoodrat ####, you ain’t got much to worry about with regards to violent crime in Memphis. 

You are right, for the most part, but every now and then you can be minding your non hoodrat business and violence erupts around you.  In Nashville there have been a few mall incidents where shots ring out when opposing hoodrats meet.

16 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Didn't we have a member that was stabbed in the chest after leaving a bar one night? That was either here or Glocktalk. 

I don’t know about chest but I do know someone that was stabbed outside of a bar in midtown and he was a gun guy but I don’t know if he was a member here.  I guess y’all have proven me wrong.  People don’t get stabbed anywhere but Memphis.   I guess I forgot that. 

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

I don’t know about chest but I do know someone that was stabbed outside of a bar in midtown and he was a gun guy but I don’t know if he was a member here.  I guess y’all have proven me wrong.  People don’t get stabbed anywhere but Memphis.   I guess I forgot that. 

Oh I don't think it's as bad as people here claim, but I'm not sure I agree with Elliot that unless you're in the hood, you have little to worry about. I would treat Memphis just like any big city and assume I have a better chance being a statistic there. I went to Memphis last year for a wedding and had a great time. It was our first time ever visiting and we stayed in Midtown near Annesdale Mansion and I didn't feel unsafe. 

40 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Don't take it personal, Memphis is a big city, and as each big city can attest to, it is crime ridden.  I am sure there are areas, and possibly times, that you would be completely safe being out there alone or in small groups, but like any big city this mainly applies to locals who know the difference on the time and place they can hang out unmolested.  I grew up in Denver, and I could go just about anywhere and blend right in, but I also knew where to keep my head on a swivel, and places not to go into at certain times of the day, or night.  I can't do much of that today, been gone to long.

49 minutes ago, Omega said:

Don't take it personal, Memphis is a big city, and as each big city can attest to, it is crime ridden.  I am sure there are areas, and possibly times, that you would be completely safe being out there alone or in small groups, but like any big city this mainly applies to locals who know the difference on the time and place they can hang out unmolested.  I grew up in Denver, and I could go just about anywhere and blend right in, but I also knew where to keep my head on a swivel, and places not to go into at certain times of the day, or night.  I can't do much of that today, been gone to long.

It's hard not to take this crap personal when yall are constantly acting like we don't belong in the state.   It's infuriating.  I'm sorry that we exist and make life just so terrible for yall.

15 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

It's hard not to take this crap personal when yall are constantly acting like we don't belong in the state.   It's infuriating.  I'm sorry that we exist and make life just so terrible for yall.

Well you could come to the other end of the state. The stereotype is white barefoot inbred moonshine drinkin overall wearin welfare drawin hicks. We are ALWAYS looking for recruits.....and their kin 😉

• Haha 3
  • Moderators
38 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Well you could come to the other end of the state. The stereotype is white barefoot inbred moonshine drinkin overall wearin welfare drawin hicks. We are ALWAYS looking for recruits.....and their kin 😉

I guess we do have to bring our own cousins to marry, don’t we?

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

8 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Have you been to Cocke county? That stereotype isn't far off!  😉

8 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I guess we do have to bring our own cousins to marry, don’t we?

Y'all left out the Methhead part.

8 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

A "no forks in the tree" rule applies yes 😁

7 hours ago, joe4vol said:

The family tree is a telephone pole. 

You both wrong.  No one in East Tennessee knows what a Telephone pole is anymore.  We all got cellphones.  Now had you said LIGHT Pole, you'd have it.  Oh and we allow Electric Poles too.  We got to get our power for our TVs, microswaves and satellite dishs from somwhere! 

Edited by Moped
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, Moped said:

Y'all left out the Methhead part.

You both wrong.  No one in East Tennessee knows what a Telephone pole is anymore.  We all got cellphones.  Now had you said LIGHT Pole, you'd have it.  Oh and we allow Electric Poles too.  We got to get our power for out TVs, microswaves and satellite dishs from somwhere! 

First time I said "light pole" in a conversation with my inlaws they swore I was a redneck country bumpkin! 40 years later...I think that opinion still stands.

• Haha 2