RIP Sean Connery

AuEagle

Just saw this on a news blurb. Terrible loss for the lovers of Sir Sean Connery.

I've been a huge fan since my first viewing of Dr. No. There has been no 007 for me and my wife since. 

She left before I saw it this morning, I guess I'm hoping that it will be heard on her radio. I really don't want to tell her this. she has idolized Sir Sean all her life. He was and is second only to John Wayne in her favorite actors.

I have to say that The Man Who would Be King, and The Molly MaGuires would have to be my personal favorites of his working career.

May you Rest in Peace, Sir Sean. You brought the world much happiness. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Tuffus said:

I saw Roger Moore on a talk show years ago. He said he was with his son in a restaurant when Connery walked in. His son said "Look, it's the real James Bond".

LOL! That had to hurt! But the truth often does. Roger Moore was a short, comedic foray into Bond. Amusing, but left me always looking for something better.

The Untouchables was one of my favorites.

"You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal? "

RIP Mr Connery

On 10/31/2020 at 6:34 PM, btq96r said:

The man was a legend, and there are a lot worse ways to go than peaceably in your sleep at the age of 90. 

We'll be enjoying the performances he gave us long after today.  Thanks for all the gifts, Sir Sean.

Well said. I didn't realize the man was 90. He looked good. It's amazing what money can do to hold back old age.