Halloween

Garufa

We got 3. All neighbors within 500 yards max. Need some Twix bars? lol

Neighborhood group sent out emails and flyers with instructions. Social Distance. No contact. Bag all candy and hand out with tongs. Oh yeah...wear gloves while using ziplock bags for candy.

Are these people nuts? Yeah no answer needed.  Ok, I buy sealed bags. Put on gloves to remove candy from Bag 1 and place in Bag 2. Seal Bag and place them in a sanitized bowl/dish/container...i kid you not...and place it out by the roadside for kids to pick up  one (1) each.  ROLL MY ASS OFF by this time.

Kids open baggie. Open individually wrapped candies and eat.

All good...right? Sure. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, hipower said:

We got 3. All neighbors within 500 yards max. Need some Twix bars? lol

Neighborhood group sent out emails and flyers with instructions. Social Distance. No contact. Bag all candy and hand out with tongs. Oh yeah...wear gloves while using ziplock bags for candy.

Are these people nuts? Yeah no answer needed.  Ok, I buy sealed bags. Put on gloves to remove candy from Bag 1 and place in Bag 2. Seal Bag and place them in a sanitized bowl/dish/container...i kid you not...and place it out by the roadside for kids to pick up  one (1) each.  ROLL MY ASS OFF by this time.

Kids open baggie. Open individually wrapped candies and eat.

All good...right? Sure. 

Don’t you live in hipster land?  😝

• Haha 1

My next door neighbor threw her annual Halloween Party and I did go as I do every year. Now bear in mind that the vast majority of the attendees are family and close friends who have been steadily interacting long before the Covid hit. So they're pretty much safe with each other. Now me, I'm more or less the outsider here. Yeah, I know 'em all and we're pretty much friends. However, I don't interact with them daily. Actually, since I've been hiding out in the house, I don't see them very often at all any more. BTW: the party is held outside in the driveway. You only go into the house for food. 

I went, but seated myself slightly away from the main group. I also wore my face mask most of the time and only took it off to eat. Everybody was just fine with that. In fact, I think some of them appreciated it.

Not as many trick or treaters as usual. But not a bad crowd. Anyway, a nice fire, chili dogs, candy and kids. A good time was had by all. 👍

• Like 3

It was trick or treating as usual in our neck of the woods. I saw a couple of the older folks that were giving candy wearing masks, which I understand, other than that it was pretty normal. My son said that he thinks that they gave out better candy this year, as in a lot more chocolate and even some full size candy bars 🙂 My in-laws covered down on candy dispensing duties while we were out, they said about 50-60 kids came by. Couldn’t have asked for better weather. I have family near Seattle and some in Northern California, they were not able to do it at all.

We ended up with ZERO like usual. Pretty much normal here. First few years in the house we decorated a bunch, much to the horror rest of the street that thinks Halloween is evil. Over the years we just stopped. Since the rest of the street is a bust, it is a dead end next to a much larger, wealthier subdivision, and no one can see our house from the main road, we get no one. In about 20 years we might have had 10 kids. Part were family and I think 5 came one year. The apartments we lived in right after getting married had at least 50 every year. 

My kids are too old to Trick or Treat now. So my wife bought some of the pottery you paint and drop off to be run through the kiln. 3 of the 4 of us painted several Halloween themed  items. Was fun. We did similar at Easter. 

• Like 2

Not a curmudgeon (well not completely, my wife may disagree). Lived in our first house for 10 years and we would get about 100 kids per year. I would dress up and try to scare them as I gave out candy. We then moved into the country on a 500 foot drive back in the woods, very spooky to walk down the drive at night. Maybe had 10 or so over the next 5 or 6 years, our friends with kids drove the kids around since the houses were so far a part. After the friends kids aged out it dropped to zero. Now we live on a 1200 foot drive back in the woods and it has continued at zero so 30+ years of zero beggars showing up. Every year I think I should get candy just in case, but decided I would just give out quarters if anyone showed up.

47 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

Not a curmudgeon (well not completely, my wife may disagree). Lived in our first house for 10 years and we would get about 100 kids per year. I would dress up and try to scare them as I gave out candy. We then moved into the country on a 500 foot drive back in the woods, very spooky to walk down the drive at night. Maybe had 10 or so over the next 5 or 6 years, our friends with kids drove the kids around since the houses were so far a part. After the friends kids aged out it dropped to zero. Now we live on a 1200 foot drive back in the woods and it has continued at zero so 30+ years of zero beggars showing up. Every year I think I should get candy just in case, but decided I would just give out quarters if anyone showed up.

Never mind...No_One beat me to it. 

Edited by hipower