First pistol RDS in 20+ years

bubbadavis

Thanks to @TGO David and his raving about red dot sights, a great deal on a RMR, and a good deal on a 4th gen Glock 19 MOS, I finally decided to try a RDS on a pistol for the first time in 20+ years. I can't wait to try this out and see how my crappy eyes work with the RMR. Astigmatism has its challenges.  

Yes, decent deals on pistols still exist. I picked up a new MOS for less than I've seen standard Glocks listed for here. 

IMG_3844.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Do yourself a favor and get a set of prescription glasses to correct your astigmatism if your fur looks to have any starburting or flare vs being a crisp dot. It doesn't take much of an astigmatism to really throw your opinion off. I was about to give up on them before TN DMV said I needed an RX. Minor astigmatism I didn't know I had with specs took my RDS's from 8 moa burst smears to 2 MOA pinpoint dots.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, Erich said:

Do yourself a favor and get a set of prescription glasses to correct your astigmatism if your fur looks to have any starburting or flare vs being a crisp dot. It doesn't take much of an astigmatism to really throw your opinion off. I was about to give up on them before TN DMV said I needed an RX. Minor astigmatism I didn't know I had with specs took my RDS's from 8 moa burst smears to 2 MOA pinpoint dots.

Good luck!

Oh, I've been wearing prescription lenses for 34 years. I couldn't see the pistol without them!

On 11/1/2020 at 2:50 PM, bubbadavis said:

Thanks to @TGO David and his raving about red dot sights, a great deal on a RMR, and a good deal on a 4th gen Glock 19 MOS, I finally decided to try a RDS on a pistol for the first time in 20+ years. I can't wait to try this out and see how my crappy eyes work with the RMR. Astigmatism has its challenges.  

Yes, decent deals on pistols still exist. I picked up a new MOS for less than I've seen standard Glocks listed for here. 

IMG_3844.jpg

Congratulations..