Need a sight recommendation for my AR-15

Hi all, long time no see.

Years ago I built an AR-15 and, not wanting to shell out the bucks for an Eotech, I decided on the Sightmark knock-off. While they do come with a lifetime warranty, and they do deliver on that promise, it's pretty lame that I've gotten about two hours of use out of two Sightmark sights in seven years. So I'm looking for a replacement. I'm still not willing to shell out $700 or more for a sight for a gun that will only ever be used for fun, but if I can find a decent one for $200 or less I'll pay it.

So what are your recommendations? I have a Nikon scope, so I'm set for distance shooting. I'm looking for a red dot or holo type sight that won't break the bank. What say you?

Thanks.

I will put in another vote for Sig Romeo 5. I absolutely love that optic. I also have had great luck with my Vortex Sparc 2 and one that seems to have been forgotten, the Vortex Strikefire. The Strikefire is definitely not as compact as the Sparc and Romeo so that may be why it鈥檚 passed on these days. Just some options for you.聽
if you ever do decide to drop the cash for a better optic, I love the Eotech and Trijicon optics. But yes they are expensive compared to the others you鈥檙e considering for now.聽

• Like 1

I have a Holosun and it works great. I also have a Sig Romeo5 that I have not mounted. Another option is the SwampFox. I just saw one mounted last week that had a great reticle and sight picture was awesome. Will look at that for my next optic. My eyes are older and the reticle in the SwampFox is just awesome.

I have an Eotech 512.
I聽recently wanted another holographic RDS for another firearm.

2 major areas of concern for me were "shake awake" and battery drain.
I also don't like looking thru a tube for a zero magnification RDS.
I prefer the reflex style.

I bought a Holosun 507C.
Yes it's China, and not really even China cheap in price!
But so far, I'm happy with the product.

As for batteries ... It will work with no battery as long as there is ambient light.
Even indoors under LED/incandescent lighting.

Primary Arms, Holosun, SIG MSR (they can often be found on sale for $100), Vortex Strikefire / SPARC.聽 Burris makes pretty good stuff. 聽 Ultradots are supposed to be good, but I've never owned one.

Aimpoint PRO if you want something you never have to bother with again.

• Like 1

I've had an Elcan specter, viper pst 2 1-6, acog, eo tech, Swarovski z3, all on my ar at some point and right now Im running a holosun and it's working really well. It's really a safe queen at this point so I like that it has the great battery life and shake awake mode. It's held zero every time I do bring it out. I've only had it maybe 4 months so we'll see about longevity but I don't see any reason it won't last.聽