"Breaking News" Alex Trebek has died at the age of 80"

The Legion

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

Used to feel pretty smart when on occasion I got alot of the right answers, a round or two later though reality would hit. 

There were many days when I was in school where Alex Trebek was responsible for me learning more in 30 minutes than I did in the 8 hours previous. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Moderators
42 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I didn't want to be debbie downer when he announced it but having 2 people close to me pass from it I knew his chances were slim on beating it.

RIP 

My granddad died from it also. He made it less than 4 weeks from being diagnosed.

Alex gave it a fight. Will miss him. I've watched that show from the beginning. Part of my routine as we recorded it every day.

And yes, 2020 sucks again. 

• Like 1

He put up a great fight and kept such a positive attitude that he really became an inspiration for many people. He just seemed like such a wonderful person. Pancreatic cancer is horrible, one of the worst from what I've read. I'll be making a toast to him this evening. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I've watched that show since I was a kid. Now I'm in my 60s! 😱 Seems like its been on forever. 

I'll bet the show gets canceled. Nobody could replace Trebek. It just wouldn't be right.

I think they will get Ken Jennings to replace him. He actually might do a decent job. Nobody can replace Trebek. 

8 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I think they will get Ken Jennings to replace him. He actually might do a decent job. Nobody can replace Trebek. 

I was thinking that myself.  Hopefully they don’t try some washed up tv actor or comedian.  Professional game show hosts are a rare breed these days.

On a positive note there are enough new episodes filmed that we can watch it until Christmas.

Such a loss.  He came across as truly happy with the journey life took him on, so I'll celebrate that.

Knowing what he faced in the end, I would hope I could muster even half the dignity and good cheer he showed during his fight if I had to ensure something similar.  Or for anything when my times comes really.  Alex showed us what fighting the good fight was all about.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, KahrMan said:

A lot of people thought that the Greatest of All Time tournament last year was an audition to replace him.   

I'd be fine with Brad, Ken or James taking over hosting duties on a temporary or permanent basis.  

• Like 1
On 11/8/2020 at 11:50 AM, FUJIMO said:

I didn't want to be debbie downer when he announced it but having 2 people close to me pass from it I knew his chances were slim on beating it.

RIP 

Yep, pancreatic cancer is a tough one. I think about it every time I see a movie with Patrick Swayze in it.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Yep, pancreatic cancer is a tough one. I think about it every time I see a movie with Patrick Swayze in it.

Not to take anything from Alex but if anyone could have whipped its ass it would have been a very fit Swayze and it took him out in 2 years or so I think.