"Breaking News" Alex Trebek has died at the age of 80"

The Legion

1 minute ago, Capbyrd said:

Steve Jobs lasted 8 years.  

Yeah but I think they caught his early didn't they?  I should have clarified the level they catch it versus how long they survive. Patrick's was stage 4 which is usually weeks not months. It killed a family member in 6 weeks from diagnosis 

16 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Steve Jobs lasted 8 years.  

It think that it really depends on when it was diagnosed. If you're diagnosed early and it continues to march on, it would appear that the person was able to fight longer.

My neighbor did last a year longer than her doctors told her she would live. Towards the end she was on fentanyl patches. Out of mercy my adult daughter secured her some pot to ease her suffering for which her husband was deeply grateful for after she died. She was the second neighbor that I've seen that pot eased her path towards death caused by cancer. It made me re-think my stance on pot to be frank.

Edited by E4 No More
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Ruth Bader Ginsberg lived with it seemingly forever.

She had colon cancer in 1999 and then they discovered Pancreatic in 2009 due to the regular screenings she was receiving because of the first one.  

Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer is a no doubt death sentence, just a matter of how it responds to treatment and where is has spread.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

Yeah but I think they caught his early didn't they?  I should have clarified the level they catch it versus how long they survive. Patrick's was stage 4 which is usually weeks not months. It killed a family member in 6 weeks from diagnosis 

They did catch his earlier.  But they also credit his diet with some of his ability to survive.  He also had the best doctors in the world (including a stint in Memphis for a transplant).   

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Garufa said:

Jennings is doing a great job hosting Jeopardy.  It’s taken a bit of adjustment to get used to his voice but I say make it permanent.

The 3 Jeopardy GOATs are now on The Chase.   I doubt they'll do both but The Chase might not last long either.