Nonquota doe/antlerless hunts?

16 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

On the link you sent it says must have type 94 permit or landowner. But, no dates. Thanks

In Unit B they dont have certain dates for the 1 antlerless tag if I'm not mistaken. Just can't exceed the one tag during gun season with the 094 Permit or Landowner. You're allowed 2 antlerless in Muzzloader for Unit B.

1 hour ago, Quavodus said:

Ok, so its legal to take a doe anytime during gun season? 

If your in Unit B that's my understanding, I know they got certain dates for other regions in TN. So I guess with no dates for Unit B you can take a doe anytime in gun season as long as you got the 094 or a landowner. I can call the regional office in the morning and let you know for sure. But I'm almost certain I'm right but I'll check to be safe.

20 hours ago, Henry347 said:

If your in Unit B that's my understanding, I know they got certain dates for other regions in TN. So I guess with no dates for Unit B you can take a doe anytime in gun season as long as you got the 094 or a landowner. I can call the regional office in the morning and let you know for sure. But I'm almost certain I'm right but I'll check to be safe.

If you hear for sure let me know. Thanks

5 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

Hey David I tell you what is crazy, 1 county west of you in all of unit L they can kill 3 does everyday during all the seasons I counted it up 1 time and it is crazy the numbers. But here in B you have to have a 094 license to kill 1. The TWRA is screwed up.

Yeah, they must have a real problem.

I think this count is correct 82 days of deer season at 3 does per day they can legally kill 246 does per year. I live in unit B I think I can kill 5 including all weapon types and have to buy an additional 094 license.  You have to have lots of freezers or eat a lot of deer to kill 246 does!! Totally nonsense that they have a limit like that. And the CWD unit they are trying to kill all the deer. They don't understand CWD at all, I have heard in other states they would kill 700 deer and none had CWD. Good job game & fish boys!!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

I think this count is correct 82 days of deer season at 3 does per day they can legally kill 246 does per year. I live in unit B I think I can kill 5 including all weapon types and have to buy an additional 094 license.  You have to have lots of freezers or eat a lot of deer to kill 246 does!! Totally nonsense that they have a limit like that. And the CWD unit they are trying to kill all the deer. They don't understand CWD at all, I have heard in other states they would kill 700 deer and none had CWD. Good job game & fish boys!!

The problem is that we have too many deer and not enough hunters taking does.  Same with the CWD areas, nobody wants to take a doe if it can be infected, so they are trying to get more hunters to take does, and more than 1 buck.

1 hour ago, Dirtshooter said:

Actually it is right at 100 days if you count all seasons including the private land hunt Jan 4-8.  You can shoot 3 does a day but nobody is doing that.  Unit L is extremely overpopulated with deer.  The main problem is most of the areas where the deer are overpopulated you can not hunt or there is very little opportunity to hunt.  They could increase the limit to 500 does and it would not make much difference.  As middle TN grows in population there is less and less areas you can hunt.

• Like 1