Video Animation - How the AR15/M4/M16 Functions

TGO David

• Administrator

The video below is the best I have seen, to date, on how the AR15/M4/M16 (AR Platform) works.  It covers everything, including a fantastic detailed overview of the firing sequence, in a very well done computer-rendered animation.  It is eye opening to see how the pieces come together in a very elegant symphony.  If there was any doubt in your head that Eugene Stoner was a genius, this should dispel those thoughts.

Not only is this video just fun to watch, it is helpful to gain a solid understanding of how the rifle works so that you can troubleshoot it when it doesn't.

Enjoy.

65665325.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Moderators
25 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Glad you all liked it.  Lord knows we may be on the verge of having to keep our existing rifles running for a very long time.

This is a very important, and often overlooked detail. What spare parts do folks have for their guns? What breakages can you fix if you don’t have access to ordering new parts?

I’m a big fan of the kits offered by White Label Armory  

ZTyUbmi.jpg

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

This is a very important, and often overlooked detail. What spare parts do folks have for their guns? What breakages can you fix if you don’t have access to ordering new parts?

I’m a big fan of the kits offered by White Label Armory  

ZTyUbmi.jpg

Now that ain’t a bad idea!

Of course it’s out of stock.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Moderators
27 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Now that ain’t a bad idea!

Of course it’s out of stock.

Yeah, the “Notify me when in stock” button is how I was able to get mine ordered. Then I added a bunch of other bits to it to ensure to flesh out the kit a bit more. 

• Like 1

I saw a video similar to this year's ago, but this one is much better.

I had the first gen. M16 in 'Nam, 1967. There was no 3 shot burst then. You could empty a 20 rd. mag in a heartbeat. Wasted ammo. I rarely used it. Ammo was hard to come by, you did not want to run out in a firefight.

Full auto had a tendency to climb up & to the right. You could fire semi & stay on target better.

Not necessarily the good old days.

• Like 3