Large rifle primers crazy priced

I know small pistol and small rifle primers have been going for crazy prices. Just saw on gunbroker 1,000 CCI 200 sold for $255 +20 for shipping. That is $0.275 per primer. Evidently this fellow needed to load some ammo pretty bad. I don't understand these people. You mean you don't have a friend who could loan or sell at a reasonable price a few hundred primers. I saw this same type thing when Hussein was in office. It is like Groundhog day with Bill Murray again, and again and again.

• Like 2

The pandemic cut production back or closed some operations all over the world. What I've read is we might get our first shipment of primers from Italy in January. Our last shipment was in May.

When the Winchester plant in Oxford, MS was being built I helped a friend pull wires, so I got a sort of tour without machines. The primer room holds 8 machines. They are down to 4 to give employees space. They product 22.s, sr primers, 223 and 556 ammo.

5 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I bought 3,000 a couple months ago Winchester LR Magnum. I didn't really want Mag. primers but, snatched them anyway.

They work fine in standard rifle loads, I know reloaders that have always used LRM primers exclusively  in their loads with great success. Never had any problems.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, AuEagle said:

They work fine in standard rifle loads, I know reloaders that have always used LRM primers exclusively  in their loads with great success. Never had any problems.

I agree. I don't know what the actual difference in a magnum vs a regular primer is, but according to my magnetospeed, not much to nothing at all.

• Like 2

Looking at a Wewe group this morning a person close to Gulfport, MS wants to trade 175 rounds of 40 S&W ammo for a brick of sp or sr primers. Thought I knew that name from a fishing site, yep same person. I know what these primers cost so I offer a brick of each for his ammo. I won't take advantage of his offer. I know If I sold all I have at current price I could retire. Now to find some drivers for the swap instead of shipping.

Saw on Gunbroker some guy was asking $1995.00 for 5000 LG Pistol Primers and $1500.00 for 8# of Powder. I must be sitting on a gold mine,I've got 110,000 LG Pistol Primers and 48# of Powder for my .45acp that's all I reload. Learned after  the Sandyhook fiasco.

• 1 month later...