CCU, Covid

Steelharp

• Admin Team

Y’all, I am broken hearted to report that our own, Michael Douchette, @Steelharplost his battle with COVID today.

Mikey was a beloved member here going back almost as far as the forum itself. We shared meals together, many bought guns from him out at the shop where he worked, and he was just a joy of a person.

If you’re a fan of country music, you’ve heard his work. He played pedal steel and dobro for just about everyone out there.

His loss will be felt on the forum, and in this city. The world is less bright without him in it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

Oh my God! And I don't say this lightly. I am stunned and heartbroken.

I met Michael almost 10 years ago, buying a pistol from him here. We swapped that CZ Compact back and forth several times. It was a joke between us.

When we met to deal, somehow I felt and told him that when money was better for him, I would sell it back to him. And I did. Twice. 

We passed several between us on deals over the years, and I always told him the same thing. But that CZ was the only one Michael ever wanted back. I don't know what went with it. I think he did sell it at some point. But that's not important. What is important is the friendship we shared over those years and deals.

Michael often spoke of his son, My Marine, he called him. I hope His Marine knows just how proud of you Michael was, and how much he loved you. 

My apologies for not remembering your name. So for Michael's Marine...I thank you for your Service. And offer my condolences to you as well. 

Michael, I, and everyone who ever met you, will miss you. We were better for having met you.

May God Bless and keep you in His arms forever. 

My deepest condolences to his family.

Edited by hipower
  • Thanks 4

Really sad news, condolences to his friends and family.  I can't say I really knew him, other than reading many of his posts on TGO and a couple of mutual quotes back and forth, but it's evident from the outpouring of sympathy that he had many friends here and will be sorely missed.

• Like 1