Funny but aggrivating response to me from Ebay

tercel89

When I have something that I know wont sell here gun related I try to get rid of it on Ebay. I put up a few S.A. XD magazine sleeves. The little plastic "spacers" that go over the full size magazines to make them flush fitting with the compact guns. Ebay sent me a message saying that they are taking the AD down due to my items being something that would render a firearm into an assault weapon.  Good Lord !  What in the world is happening ?!?! 

Edited by tercel89
  • Haha 1

They tend to knock ads off when other people complain. I had some software I was selling at one point and I really think a competitor reported the item, not some software company that had been closed for years. 

And all their things seem inconsistent. I sold a phone as non-working/for parts in THAT category and when the buyer complained they tried to make me refund him. They would have if he had returned it to me, but he could not because he had already shipped it out if the country and was just fishing for a free item. If he had I would have been out shipping. 

One move eBay is good for is to pull your auction right at the end after it has a bunch of bids. Even had one I bought pulled AFTER I paid. Luckily seller followed through. 

I do quite a bit on Eflea and will tell you their policy has slowly been changing and not for the better. They are doing something similar to what another online site has done this year and that's making up the rules as they go. The user finds out after the fact. 

Case in point, I was reprimanded for something I sold 3 months earlier. They made it a point to go back and look for violations AFTER they changed the rules. WTF does that ? Liberal anti gun 🐓🍭🍭 that's who 😡

3 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

They tend to knock ads off when other people complain. I had some software I was selling at one point and I really think a competitor reported the item, not some software company that had been closed for years. 

And all their things seem inconsistent. I sold a phone as non-working/for parts in THAT category and when the buyer complained they tried to make me refund him. They would have if he had returned it to me, but he could not because he had already shipped it out if the country and was just fishing for a free item. If he had I would have been out shipping. 

One move eBay is good for is to pull your auction right at the end after it has a bunch of bids. Even had one I bought pulled AFTER I paid. Luckily seller followed through. 

And what has this taught you grasshopper?

10 hours ago, Raoul said:

And what has this taught you grasshopper?

That they suck, but are still the largest platform online to sell things at the moment. I have been able to sell everything on there from an old Harley gas tank to a prepaid cell phone. Right now, I can sell it, print a label, and put it at my mailbox and never have to go to the post office. That is why people are still selling on it. Plus, same as Gunbroker in that I don"t have to go meet a guy in a parking lot and the potential buyer pool is much larger. 

I see them staying the dominant auction platform for a while. Like corporations in other industries, they tend to buy or run start up competitors out of business. They have a 25 year headstart on everyone else. Starting back then was a huge advantage. Now just getting seen without tons of money and social media is hard, let alone getting remembered. 

I noticed that others were selling the same thing. The only thing I noticed was that some of  the other sellers had this typed in the description,,,, " this does not extend the length of your current magazine" .   But my description wasnt that much different. So i made another ad so I'll see what happens. 

• Like 1

I bought a couple boxes of bullets on eBay just a couple weeks ago, but it looks like they are now allow NO reloading components at all.  I think I preferred them as they began, with a whole lot of used items for sale. It seems that now they amount to a giant retail conglomerate. Very convenient, it's easy to find almost anything there, but they're all but impossible to communicate with. My biggest new complaint is that everything is now subject to sales tax. I know that's the law so I shouldn't complain, but avoiding the sales tax was one of the most attractive features of buying from them.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Darrell said:

I think I preferred them as they began, with a whole lot of used items for sale. It seems that now they amount to a giant retail conglomerate. 

I agree, that’s why I quit using them. It’s been that way for years. I thought someone would have, by now, started a site that wasn’t retail; but it hasn’t happened yet. If I’m buying new, they can’t compete with Amazon Prime.

Several years back I bought lots of reloading bullets, my Dillon square Deal B press, lyman case trimmer just to name a few. Seldom even look on the site anymore. I have a checklist in my head and when I check that company off, I don't go there or spend any money with them. It may not hurt them, but it makes me feel much better.

• Like 1