Kyle Rittenhouse makes bail

This kid has done a lot to hurt himself prior to this incident. Hopefully the jury has not been privy to all the photos and his posing with the AR rifle. Like posting a sign on your house stating "This house protected by a 38 Spl, or, we don't call the police here."  When you do stupid stuff like this one is asking for trouble down the road if their ever forced into a Self Defense situation. No bumper stickers either. And above all, don't go looking for trouble.  Just MH Opinion. This kid has messed up his life. 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, pop pop said:

This kid has done a lot to hurt himself prior to this incident.  Hopefully the jury has not been privy to all the photos and his posing with the AR rifle. Like posting a sign on your house stating "This house protected by a 38 Spl, or, we don't call the police here."  When you do stupid stuff like this one is asking for trouble down the road if their ever forced into a Self Defense situation 

That is true and even extends to forums like this.  I am not being anti free speech. But with free speech comes some personal responsibility for what you say. What you say on a public forum or with signs in your yard, or with bumper stickers, or on social media can help you or hurt you.  A good prosecutor will use your words against you. Regardless of when you said them. 

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 4
19 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

That is true and even extends to forums like this.  I am not being anti free speech. But with free speech comes some personal responsibility for what you say. What you say on a public forum or with signs I. Your yard, or with bumper stickers, or on social media and help you or hurt you.  A good prosecutor will use your words against you. Regardless of when you said them. 

I have a strict policy of not being a walking billboard or target while out in public if I can help it. CC, no t shirts with identifying characteristics of my personality, a name brand anything that suggests a certain level of wealth. I shoot for ugly,hairy standoffish A-hole and the many TGO members I've met will tell you I achieve that 😎

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, FUJIMO said:

I have a strict policy of not being a walking billboard or target while out in public if I can help it. CC, no t shirts with identifying characteristics of my personality, a name brand anything that suggests a certain level of wealth. I shoot for ugly,hairy standoffish A-hole and the many TGO members I've met will tell you I achieve that 😎

You have definitely got that nailed.  😉

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, pop pop said:

This kid has done a lot to hurt himself prior to this incident. Hopefully the jury has not been privy to all the photos and his posing with the AR rifle. Like posting a sign on your house stating "This house protected by a 38 Spl, or, we don't call the police here."  When you do stupid stuff like this one is asking for trouble down the road if their ever forced into a Self Defense situation. No bumper stickers either. And above all, don't go looking for trouble.  Just MH Opinion. This kid has messed up his life. 

I don't see it that way at all, he is a regular teen, with teen tendencies.  If someone decides that my t-shirt, sticker, sign, or flag deserve me getting assaulted, they had better be willing to suffer the consequences for such actions, up to and including deadly force.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Omega said:

I don't see it that way at all, he is a regular teen, with teen tendencies.  If someone decides that my t-shirt, sticker, sign, or flag deserve me getting assaulted, they had better be willing to suffer the consequences for such actions, up to and including deadly force.

While I agree with your statement your chances of getting a fair trial drop tremendously as we progress through this sh!tshow.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, FUJIMO said:

While I agree with your statement your chances of getting a fair trial drop tremendously as we progress through this sh!tshow.

I would rather it be me on trial, than someone walking away with no charges, or them standing trial for my murder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FUJIMO said:

It's amazing he has a Judge who seems fair through this "####show" and may I add I hope he and his family have taken precautions as the threats are coming in.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Omega said:

I would rather it be me on trial, than someone walking away with no charges, or them standing trial for my murder.

Let me clarify because while I know we are on the same page it appears as 2 different conversations lol.

Pertaining to the case at hand ,IF they continue to allow this suggestion that KR was provoking otherwise friendly protestors by carrying his SD weapon of choice and IF hes charged with provocation as lib lawyers have been blabbing about and hoping for them I'm afraid we as permitted gun carrying citizens will have yet another bullseye on our back. Hence that's the reason I always choose to maintain a low profile with my day to day.

That's not say I won't do what I have to do if the situation ever arose but being judged by "a jury of your peers" is getting further and further in the rear view. This case has been a GREAT example of that.

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, pop pop said:

You called it!  The prosecutor just showed the jury his Tiktok page that shoed him with the AR and also the name of his page reflects his youth.  But hey, I was still being stupid well into my 30's and 40's, at least, if not later.  Ok, later too.

Edited by Defender
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, AuEagle said:

Yep, exactly what I've been b!tching about.

So if thats the case then bicep boi and his handgun should be on trial next for bringing danger to a friendly protest right ?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

This would have been humorous if it had gone bang (not aimed at anyone of course)

I read one account that said Binger was pointing that rifle "toward" the jury.  Too bad the jurors didn't dive for the floor or shout for him not to point the rifle that way. 

• Like 2

FUJIMO, is correct, juries of your peers, are hard to come by when guns are involved. I went for jury duty 4 years ago. You should see the people they pick for trials juries. The Media has vilified guns, and people (anybody)  who own or carry them, to the fullest extent they are able to sway public opinion.  Just watch the news, every gun crime they can report, nightly! The trials, like this one, at least every chance they get. Look at Zimmerman. The Media made him the most hated man in America and he did not help himself by all the things he did afterwards. The Media reposted every time he blew his nose in public. 

This kind of stuff can tear families apart. If one is "Forced" into a S D confrontation, one risk his future, and that of his entire family, for the rest of their lives. One may not agree, and that is OK with me, but I calls them the way I sees them, in my thinker.  Doubtful you will have a jury of your peers. You will be lucky to get one gun owner on your jury. The pre jury questionnaire will exclude them and you, if one is truthful, from serving on any criminal proceedings trial. The lawyers don't want fair minded man/women on most criminal juries, IMO.  Peers, not going to happen!

Edited to add; That lawyer should have been scolded for pointing that AR toward the Jury, if that is what he did? Yes, and I seen the finger on the trigger myself.  

Edited by pop pop
15 hours ago, gary_boom said:

I think if this ever happens to any of us they prosecutors will bring up TGO and any other gun forums. I hate to think how bad it would look if you have ever had any firearms training or competition using firearms.

That's one reason why I use a screen name that doesn't contain my name, and I do not post my location.

• Like 2