Kyle Rittenhouse makes bail

6 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

That's one reason why I use a screen name that doesn't contain my name, and I do not post my location.

If you think that will prevent them from knowing who you are, you don’t understand how these things work.  Anyone with any real technical ability will know that in short order. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Hozzie said:

If you think that will prevent them from knowing who you are, you don’t understand how these things work.  Anyone with any real technical ability will know that in short order. 

When it gets that far not much else will matter anyway I imagine. "They" have a good track record of ruining your future unless you are wealthy enough to squeegee off the mud on your name.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

I think my Master's degree in Cybersecurity says that I understand how it works. Also being a former LEO I understand that any prosecution could not get a blanket subpoena applicable to every forum server in the world. They'd have to know WHERE to look otherwise you are fishing for a specific fish in a lake of almost 8 billion fish. By anonymizing your screen name and location it makes it much harder unless you are dumb enough to tell them where to look.

6 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I think my Master's degree in Cybersecurity says that I understand how it works. Also being a former LEO I understand that any prosecution could not get a blanket subpoena applicable to every forum server in the world. They'd have to know WHERE to look otherwise you are fishing for a specific fish in a lake of almost 8 billion fish. By anonymizing your screen name and location it makes it much harder unless you are dumb enough to tell them where to look.

Are you on a VPN?  Anyone here personally know you?  I don't have a cyber masters degree, though my degrees are in IT, I can safely say that unless you use some great fieldcraft, they will find you straight away.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Years ago I had a guy threatening me on a form. He thought he was safe, but he used the same screen name everywhere. With in 2 hours I had his name, address, work location, wife and kids names, what school the kids attended, and pictures. I took it a bit far through. He started off as the problem, but I sent him a care package to his work with a note. That made me an ass. At that point in my life I felt like I had to attack every threat. We decided it would be best to drop the whole thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’m not going to weigh in too heavily on this particular matter at hand, but it’s generally a pretty safe bet to assume that anonymity doesn’t exist on the internet. 

Agree, actually. there is little no anonymity anywhere. But, I can't see getting too paranoid over this issue. Personally,  I'm not going to hide under the bed for something that may or may not happen.

JMHO

• Like 2

If you looked at my social media you'd find I had a pro 2ndA stance and political leanings that most would assume align with that.

Although some of my fakebook friends are a bit over the top politically and post off color humor I try my best to keep it clean and not hateful despite my desire to join in full steam. 

No pics posing with my rifles, No memes promoting violent solutions to the mess we are in today. 

Despite that I'd say that turd of a prosecutor would easily use some of my posts against me if I was on trial for SD. 

And I'm an older dude with not a lifetime of posting. Lord help those who began posting crap in their stupid teen years! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Omega said:

Are you on a VPN?  Anyone here personally know you?  I don't have a cyber masters degree, though my degrees are in IT, I can safely say that unless you use some great fieldcraft, they will find you straight away.

Man! Some people around here sure like to put words in your mouth.

To my knowledge only two people on this forum knows me by my face and screen name. Yes, I'm on a VPN with AES-256 encryption, which is top secret-level security, (not that the NSA/FBI can't crack that if they wanted to). I also know how to use  anonymizers if I were to so choose. I can do all sorts of other things as well including other forms of encryption and using my own keys rather than a PKI service that is legally obligated to share your private keys with the government, (the latter is in regards to keeping private messages private).

I will point out that I never made the statement that simply by hiding your name and location that you can't be found. But it DOES make it considerably harder to be found unless someone knows where to look. That is the main gist of what I wrote. I will also point out that the slightest entry into a computing device without the owner's permission or a search warrant violates at least two FEDERAL laws, (CFAA and Title 18 of U.S. code subsection 1030). Ya better have a search warrant/subpoena to do so. I don't see that happening unless someone rats me out to the prosecutor, or I'm dumb enough not to cryptoshred my hard drive after committing a crime.

20 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Man! Some people around here sure like to put words in your mouth.

To my knowledge only two people on this forum knows me by my face and screen name. Yes, I'm on a VPN with AES-256 encryption, which is top secret-level security, (not that the NSA/FBI can't crack that if they wanted to). I also know how to use  anonymizers if I were to so choose. I can do all sorts of other things as well including other forms of encryption and using my own keys rather than a PKI service that is legally obligated to share your private keys with the government, (the latter is in regards to keeping private messages private).

I will point out that I never made the statement that simply by hiding your name and location that you can't be found. But it DOES make it considerably harder to be found unless someone knows where to look. That is the main gist of what I wrote. I will also point out that the slightest entry into a computing device without the owner's permission or a search warrant violates at least two FEDERAL laws, (CFAA and Title 18 of U.S. code subsection 1030). Ya better have a search warrant/subpoena to do so. I don't see that happening unless someone rats me out to the prosecutor, or I'm dumb enough not to cryptoshred my hard drive after committing a crime.

Come on, haven't you been paying attention after the Snowden release?  They are in and out of all our electronics at will, and no damn agency will do anything about it.  If you were to deliberately plan a crime, you would be more inclined to hide your presence online, and probably smart enough not to spout off about it.  But we are talking everyday life, where you are minding your own business and something like this event takes place.  You can't go back and undo your presence, heck you merely being here could be used against you, let alone any posts supporting 2A, Trump, or Freedom.

18 minutes ago, Omega said:

Come on, haven't you been paying attention after the Snowden release?  They are in and out of all our electronics at will, and no damn agency will do anything about it.  If you were to deliberately plan a crime, you would be more inclined to hide your presence online, and probably smart enough not to spout off about it.  But we are talking everyday life, where you are minding your own business and something like this event takes place.  You can't go back and undo your presence, heck you merely being here could be used against you, let alone any posts supporting 2A, Trump, or Freedom.

For what it's worth, the Snowden release showed mostly complaints about the collection of metadata (data about data) of which the vast majority is NOT encrypted. You can glean a lot of information off of metadata as evidenced by the increasing use of data mining by companies.

15 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

The timeline is just getting way too surreal at this point. 

JfBoynW.jpg

Yes, they were really there. 
https://nypost.com/2021/11/16/mark-and-patricia-mccloskey-support-kyle-rittenhouse/

Saw them giving an interview this morning. Some people just love the spotlight 🙄 . Pretty pathetic if you ask me. 

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 3

This whole trial is a distraction. Pretty obviously should be an acquittal. If there isn't, it's because of reasons other than justice. 

Meanwhile, the real attention should be on what is the federal government doing during this time where everyone's attention is entirely focused on the trial. 

Encouraging more illegal immigration through Texas? Allowing more cartels to smuggle whatever they want in through the federally managed lands along the border? Pay attention to what China's doing in this time period as well. These big media circus shows are always a distraction from whatever is really happening that isn't getting all this media coverage. 

• Like 1

China just tested a hypersonic rocket that went to the fringe of space & circled the earth. Missed the target by 24 miles. The US had no idea this was coming. It made the news big time.

It has the capability to launch and not know which direction it's coming from. Stood the Dept of Def. on its ear.

Travels at Mach 5.

Edited by Grunt67
54 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

China just tested a hypersonic rocket that went to the fringe of space & circled the earth. Missed the target by 24 miles. The US had no idea this was coming. It made the news big time.

It has the capability to launch and not know which direction it's coming from. Stood the Dept of Def. on its ear.

Travels at Mach 5.

And we have subs that can launch from any ocean in the world, like they and Russia do, so it isn't as big a threat as they make it seem, but we should not have been blindsided by the fact that they had it, if our alphabet agencies would concentrate on our enemies instead of parents against CRT, and white supremacist Trump supporting terrorists, we could have been forewarned.

• Like 4

So, we may now know who "Jump Kick Man" is, but now some serious question on how long Binger knew his identity.

Rittenhouse Trial: Maurice Freeland Suspected of Being ‘Jump Kick Man’

Wisconsin Right Now has learned from a law enforcement source in a position to know that prosecutors informed the Rittenhouse defense team only last Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021, as the trial came to an end, that Freeland had come forward claiming to be Jump Kick Man.

It's not clear when Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger and his boss, DA Mike Graveley, first learned about Freeland's claims, the source said. Clearly, it would be a much bigger issue if the prosecution knew his identity for longer because the defense might have wanted to call or cross-examine him or track him down and vet the story; Wisconsin Right Now wrote Graveley and Binger and asked them for comment, and neither wrote back.