SDS Imports Tisas 1911

A couple of months ago I purchased a brand new Tisas 1911 from a local gun shop. Since day one it has had issues jamming. I called and talked with SDS and they were really nice and wanted to make it right. I am still waiting to for them to send the RMA and have has little luck getting back in touch with them since that initial conversation.

My question is has anyone else delt with SDS and how has that service been? It sounds like they’re a small shop so I am sure they’re back logged.

Also, anyone ever had any issues with the Tisas 1911 commander?

It will jam several time per magazine. The jam is where it is not being aligned into chamber straight and it jams the slide. It also jams on every last round of the magazine. I even when and bought a whole different brand magazine and it does the same thing with that. I’ve got several hundred rounds through it and it has not changed.

The most likely is 1) the extractor is too tight. 2) the extractor has a rough rim pick up radius. 3) the firing pin hole in the bolt face has a raised burr. 4) Rough/poorly mated feed ramp. 5) Mag catch casting is insufficient and or cut poorly to allow magazine not seating up high enough into the slide mag lip cuts. 6) the barrel / slide barrel bore geometry is out of spec allowing the barrel to pitch up at feed cycle, jamming the barrel up ward while out of battery.

Thats off the top of my head. If it in fact is not the magazine its self, 99 percent of the time it will be one or a combination of any of those above.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the gun back from SDS. They said that there was definitely an issue with the magazine so they replaced it. Also, they said they changed out the barrel link. After doing all of that they test fired it and had no issues. I will hopefully be taking it out in the next week to test it and will let you know the final results.

Also, SDS customer service was very good! 

• Like 2