Jump to content

Dell PowerConnect 3524P Network Switch -- FREE


Recommended Posts

  • Administrator

FOR SALE:  Dell PowerConnect 3524P Network Switch - FREE

i-JgZnXCC-X3.jpg

This is a great switch for those who want a home lab or just a wired home setup. Free for the taking, local pickup only in vicinity of Thompson's Station / Spring Hill.

Works great, I just don't need it anymore.

 

Tech specs can be found here:

https://www1.euro.dell.com/eu/en/bsd/networking/pwcnt_3524p/pd.aspx?refid=pwcnt_3524p&s=bsd

 

This would be a "porch pickup" type of deal.  We're quarantining in prep for surgery for my youngest, so we have to stay away from people for the next week.  As much as I love meeting folks on TGO, if any of us come down with a fever that could even conceivably be COVID, they'll cancel her appointment.

 

First come, first served - but please only respond if you can come get it between now and Saturday, Nov 28th.  I will give you directions once you confirm that you're available.

 

 

i-5F2LpZq-X3.jpg

 

i-x7RhpWB-X3.jpg

 

i-RK9bfnj-X3.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
38 minutes ago, TGO David said:

FOR SALE:  Dell PowerConnect 3524P Network Switch - FREE

i-JgZnXCC-X3.jpg

This is a great switch for those who want a home lab or just a wired home setup. Free for the taking, local pickup only in vicinity of Thompson's Station / Spring Hill.

Works great, I just don't need it anymore.

 

Tech specs can be found here:

https://www1.euro.dell.com/eu/en/bsd/networking/pwcnt_3524p/pd.aspx?refid=pwcnt_3524p&s=bsd

 

This would be a "porch pickup" type of deal.  We're quarantining in prep for surgery for my youngest, so we have to stay away from people for the next week.  As much as I love meeting folks on TGO, if any of us come down with a fever that could even conceivably be COVID, they'll cancel her appointment.

 

First come, first served - but please only respond if you can come get it between now and Saturday, Nov 28th.  I will give you directions once you confirm that you're available.

Let me guess: You got this rolled into a server purchase at work. Am I right?

Link to post
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

Is this still available?

Do you have pics of the other side?

Do you have any other switches that will work with my setup?

Will you ship it?

How firm is the price?

Funny guy! 😄

I did add some other pics just a moment ago.  😛

  • Haha 1
Link to post
14 hours ago, TGO David said:

Nah, I bought it on eBay a few years ago for a home lab setup.

I'm surprised. Many of the PowerConnect switches were "rolled in" to a server purchase. The tactic was that the Technical Sales Representative would quote servers and get a commitment out of the customer for the price. When the customer would submit the PO the TSR would discount the server(s) enough to roll in 1 or more switches and tell the customer that they were seed units for them to "test out" because the TSR was actually given extra money for "selling" switches. Many customers complained that they were using them as door stops. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I'm surprised. Many of the PowerConnect switches were "rolled in" to a server purchase. The tactic was that the Technical Sales Representative would quote servers and get a commitment out of the customer for the price. When the customer would submit the PO the TSR would discount the server(s) enough to roll in 1 or more switches and tell the customer that they were seed units for them to "test out" because the TSR was actually given extra money for "selling" switches. Many customers complained that they were using them as door stops. 

It's a good switch, though!  If it were 10/100/1000 I'd keep it and use it for some other things.  The specs aren't slouchy at all...

  • Secure switching using edge authentication via 802.1x
  • private VLANs, Voice VLANs, Protocol VLANs, and SNMPv3.
  • Robust security capabilities provided through flow-based. IP, and MAC ACLs, port-based MAC security, RADIUS and TACACS+ remote authentication, SSL/SSH encryption, and IP-based management access filtering.
  • Supports open industry standards including advanced Quality of Service (L2, L3-aware), Multiple Spanning Trees, SNTP and IP multicast support, Dynamic Link Aggregation (LACP), dynamic VLAN configurations, port mirroring and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
Link to post
Just now, TGO David said:

It's a good switch, though!  If it were 10/100/1000 I'd keep it and use it for some other things.  The specs aren't slouchy at all...

  • Secure switching using edge authentication via 802.1x
  • private VLANs, Voice VLANs, Protocol VLANs, and SNMPv3.
  • Robust security capabilities provided through flow-based. IP, and MAC ACLs, port-based MAC security, RADIUS and TACACS+ remote authentication, SSL/SSH encryption, and IP-based management access filtering.
  • Supports open industry standards including advanced Quality of Service (L2, L3-aware), Multiple Spanning Trees, SNTP and IP multicast support, Dynamic Link Aggregation (LACP), dynamic VLAN configurations, port mirroring and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol

If you aren't needing something as large and beyond L2 you could get a N1108P to replace it. The rest of the N1100 series has gone End of Sale, but they are keeping the N1108 for now. The only other sub-24-port switch is the N3208PX-ON which is L3.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

    • By TriggerZ
      Brand new Head Down Firearms OTG Patrol Rifle Package. Custom mix (Stone Grey/Frost White) Moonlight Grey Cerakote finish applied at factory. Has only seen factory test fired rounds through it. Full factory rifle, minus the trigger. Just seeing what’s out there.
      * 14.5” Pinned (Non-NFA) Lightweight .223 Wylde Pencil Barrel * Pinned/Welded Rugged Suppressor Muzzle Device/Adapter * Titanium Nitride (Gold) “H” Bcg * Radian Raptor “H” Ambi Charging Handle * Geissele SSA-E Trigger * BCM Gunfighter Furniture * Samson “H” Steel Folding Front/Rear BUIS * Streamlight Protac HLX 1k Lumen Weapon Light * Vickers Blue Force Gear Adjustable Sling * 1 Magpul 30rd PMag *
      EoTech XPS3-0 (NV Compatible) can be included for the right offer, as well as additional mags & up to 300rds of .223/5.56.
      Interested in other top tier Ar’s, import or upgraded Ak’s, non bolt action .308 rifles, milsurp weapon systems, or multi trades.





    • By Calexiter
      sold
       
       
       
    • By TriggerZ
      100% brand new in box Sig Sauer P320 X Compact. It has been chambered, but has never been fired. No holster wear, scratches, dings, or knicks. Comes with the factory box/docs, 2 15rd Sig magazines, X-Ray night sights, optic ready capability, and C&G IWB-RH holster.
      Really just seeing what’s out there. I’m interested in other quality handguns in 9mm, 10mm, .357 Sig, or .45. 
      *I can include Federal HST+P hollow points, as well as FMJ to bump trade value.*





    • By ac3boyz
      SOLD
      Like new, only 5 rounds shot.  The plan was to start shooting 3-gun.  Ha, can barely handle one gun.
      Beretta 1301 Competition 24" Barrel With Nordic MXT +4 Magazine Tube Extension, Shotgun Barrel Clamp, Low-Drag Red Follower.  9+1 capacity.
      $1150  firm Sold
      would trade for a skeet 12 gauge of comparable value or something that I don't yet realize I need.
      FTF meet in the Mount Juliet/Hermitage Area







       
       

    • By hous95
      Ad closed

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.