Human euthanasian

xsubsailor

Personally, I'm gonna blow off work tomorrow, grab my better half and the dog and head to White Top Mountain. I need a little mental health break.

My boss said it was OK. Of Course my boss is a real ass. 

Did I mention that I'm self employed???!!!

All y'all hang in there and take care of yourselves.  This too will pass.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Personally, I'm gonna blow off work tomorrow, grab my better half and the dog and head to White Top Mountain. I need a little mental health break.

My boss said it was OK. Of Course my boss is a real ass. 

Did I mention that I'm self employed???!!!

All y'all hang in there and take care of yourselves.  This too will pass.

Good plan. Tell your boss to "stick it" and go!

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Raoul said:

I am my boss. He's A real slave driving jackass....😏

3 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

I resemble that remark! 

After the time I've spent here, and that's a few years...I don't think I can believe that of either of you. 

But then again...I've never worked for either of you. 

• Like 1

I watched something about this recently.  At least one state recently reinstated or legalized "physician assisted suicide."  

They go through a pretty significant process of it needing to be a confirmed terminal diagnosis, followed by time with a therapist of some sort before it can be signed off on.  At that point, the physician prescribes a series of pills to put you to sleep, painlessly, forever.   

The woman in the documentary or news piece or whatever it was had a celebration of life party and then once everyone left, she took her pills and passed peacefully.   They had the funeral quickly after since it was all planned.  

1 hour ago, Capbyrd said:

I watched something about this recently.  At least one state recently reinstated or legalized "physician assisted suicide."  

They go through a pretty significant process of it needing to be a confirmed terminal diagnosis, followed by time with a therapist of some sort before it can be signed off on.  At that point, the physician prescribes a series of pills to put you to sleep, painlessly, forever.   

The woman in the documentary or news piece or whatever it was had a celebration of life party and then once everyone left, she took her pills and passed peacefully.   They had the funeral quickly after since it was all planned.  

That's still too much BS to have to go through.

59 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

It get that, but it just irks me that other people, or government, think that it's their place to even comment on such a personal decision let alone set conditions on it. 

Government and lawyers man... I agree with you though.

• Like 2

God's plan is for nature to take it course at life's end. When one uses extraordinary means to keep someone alive then they are going against nature. This is not to say taking antibiotics is going against nature.

My mother died of Alzheimer's. Those patients, if their body is strong enough, will live until they can't swallow. When that happens they either starve, stroke and no longer are able to eat, or die from lack of water. This happened to  my mother. She had a living will. Hospice honored her will.  My sister had legal power of attorney. She talked, at length with my mother about her wishes. My sister gave the DR's her living will and allowed her to pass on. 

It bothered me. I went to an old preacher and talked to him about it. He told me nature took its course with her.  When one signs a living will they are, in fact, saying, allow nature to take its course and thereby  not playing God. Works for me guys, and I am a Christian.

I have plans to give a daughter legal P O Attorney and my living will, and so is my wife. 

Euthanasia is a different situation. 

Edited by pop pop
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, alleycat72 said:

Well, I'm convinced that God hates me. I do as much good as I can, but I'm not a good person by nature. If I do choose to take my life at some point, it's only because I want to save lives not take them. 

I'm quite sure he doesn't.  Salvation is by faith, not by works. Relinquishing control is hard, i struggle with that every day. The choice is yours, all you have to do is ask. 

• Like 4

After having to make the decision three times I can tell you it's hard to do. When my mother had cancer she said she didn't want to keep up her treatments. They were painful to her and she had been told they would do no good. She said she would keep taking them if I wanted her to. I couldn't ask her to go through that for me. It was a tough decision. My dad had a stroke and we had never talked about it. So it was totally on me. Both of them I had to make the decision and you second guess yourself for years. When my wife was at that stage I had a talk with with both my children about and we agreed no machines to keep her alive. It was totally my decision but I didn't want either of them to be upset with me over it. It was all so hard to deal with I had a living will made and my wishes are known to both kids. and the have a copy of it.

• Love 1

Alleycat, God hates no one. His word says he loves all and wants all to come to Him through faith in His Son, Jesus the Christ. Read your Bible and allow it into your heart(The Mind).

Christ worldwide invitation; (Matthew 11:28-30) Come to Me, ALL who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you. and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is Light.

Each persons choice to make. The way God  intended it.  

Edited to add; Bigun, you allowed nature to take it's course concerning your 3 precious loved ones. One does not make those decisions easily or play God when making this kind of very hard decisions. Take comfort in that.  

I said it earlier, euthanasia is a completely different situation. 

Edited by pop pop
  • Thanks 1

Well, our friend passed last Friday, and fortunately for all involved nobody had to make that decision.  But, her home hospice nurses instructed the family to up the doses of morphine to make her more comfortable.  The Dr had specified the standard 4hr schedule for each injection, but they suggested maybe to do it at maybe 2 hr intervals.  Without saying, they pretty much instructed the family how to make her go faster.  The family didn't, they stuck to the Dr's schedule, and were a bit peeved about the nurses instructions.  Another of her family friends was a respiratory nurse, and mentioned that that much morphine would make her body stop wanting to draw a breath.  When we visited her on Wednesday night, I heard the telltale rattle, and later told my wife to be prepared for her to pass soon, maybe in the next 24 hours, I wasn't far off.