Anschutz 54 with adjustable target stock - extra trigger - eley ammo

14 minutes ago, Moped said:

Man, I haven't shot one of these is decades!!!  GLWS!!!

I never have and still love them! Dad had one when he was competing. It was so sweet looking! I wasn't allowed to handle it. Afraid I'd money with his settings, I guess. And I'm sure I would have. lol

Still, that's a great rifle!  

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, hipower said:

I never have and still love them! Dad had one when he was competing. It was so sweet looking! I wasn't allowed to handle it. Afraid I'd money with his settings, I guess. And I'm sure I would have. lol

Still, that's a great rifle!  

When I was at UT in the early 80's, they had a Rifle Team (more of a club), that I was a member of. We had several 54s that were assigned to us.  We also shot Fienwicbow ( I butchered that spelling, I know) air rifles indoors, too. We used to shoot against Tennessee Tech and get our clocks cleaned on a regular basis.  Later, in the Army Reserve, I shot on the ARCOM Rifle Team, and was issued a Winchester 52 with all the accessories you see here.  I also was issued a NM M-14, a NM Colt 1911a1 and a Target Ruger MkII with the 6 7/8" bull barrel.  And all the ammo I could us!!! Those were the days!  Then Clinton killed the program. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Moped said:

When I was at UT in the early 80's, they had a Rifle Team (more of a club), that I was a member of. We had several 54s that were assigned to us.  We also shot Fienwicbow ( I butchered that spelling, I know) air rifles indoors, too. We used to shoot against Tennessee Tech and get our clocks cleaned on a regular basis.  Later, in the Army Reserve, I shot on the ARCOM Rifle Team, and was issued a Winchester 52 with all the accessories you see here.  I also was issued a NM M-14, a NM Colt 1911a1 and a Target Ruger MkII with the 6 7/8" bull barrel.  And all the ammo I could us!!! Those were the days!  Then Clinton killed the program. 

TTU Rifle Team was a great one for many years. I tried out once. Got laughed off the field.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, hipower said:

TTU Rifle Team was a great one for many years. I tried out once. Got laughed off the field.

I understand completely.  I shot with TTU in 1968-69 and never got "off the bench".  A 295/300 would rarely even place.  Typically, a 297 might get a lower place in the match.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, hipower said:

A couple years ahead of me. You shot far better than I ever did.

Hipower, wish I could accept that compliment but doubt it's that way.  That's why I got to watch and "warm the bench" at lot!  Those "first string" guys didn't leave any room for the rest.  Your memories about how they could shoot are the same as mine.  Course' as they say "The Older I Get, The Better I Was!"

• Like 2
On 11/25/2020 at 2:31 PM, jeffmem said:

I really like the 22 target rifles but with age I realize I will never use them for what they are intended for. I still have an 513t and H&R M12 that I should probably sell as well. Always wanted a 52 but never found the right one.

I have a 521T that a great shooter. I scoped and use it for squirrels, now!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...